Partner Zone

MYOBLOG-Notepad is showing Error -10: Invalid date please help so that I can download retail manager file into Account Right

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
HelenMM
4 Posts
Cover User
Australia
Cover User

4Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

MYOBLOG-Notepad is showing Error -10: Invalid date please help so that I can download retail manager file into Account Right

Each time i try to download my retail manager file it is showing Error -10 i have tried changing my computer date but doesnt help

2 REPLIES 2
Neil_M
MYOB Moderator
13,473 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

13,473Posts

1,617Kudos

1,916Solutions

Re: MYOBLOG-Notepad is showing Error -10: Invalid date please help so that I can download retail manager file into Account Right

Hi @HelenMM

Welcome to the MYOB Community Forum, I hope you find it a great resource

Generally speaking an error -10, invalid date error means that the date format in the imported file isn’t being recognised by AccountRight, often because of the Windows date and time settings on the computer hosting the company file.

If your company file is stored on a different computer to where RetailManager sits, such as if you operate on a network, or if your AccountRight company file is stored in the cloud. This can cause the import error you are experiencing.

To resolve this you will need to ensure that if the file is on a network that all computers have the same date and time settings. In contrast if you store the company file online, you can check the file out by going to File >> Check Out. This will ensure that the company file picks up the date and time settings on that computer to allow the importing of the retail.txt file

Do let us know how you get on with this

Regards,
Neil

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

g-b-c
Experienced Cover User
14 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

14Posts

1Kudos

0Solutions

Re: MYOBLOG-Notepad is showing Error -10: Invalid date please help so that I can download retail manager file into Account Right

Yes this does work,,, but we should not have to keep doing this. This issue has been ongoing for many people for a long time, and MYOB still haven't fixed it..

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post