Partner Zone

Retail Assistance

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
StevenWynn
4 Posts
Cover User
Australia
Cover User

4Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Retail Assistance

Hi, we run account right and retail basics, the system works well.

We are now considering just running account right, as the retail component of our business is only a small part.

We are looking for assistance with setting up a bar code scanner & docket printer to work with account right, therefore the company is sharing the one data base and inventory,

Would appreciate any assistance

5 REPLIES 5
Sebastien_D
2,784 Posts
Former Staff
Australia
Former Staff

2,784Posts

0Kudos

232Solutions

Re: Retail Assistance

Welcome to the Community Forum @StevenWynn, we hope you find it beneficial for your MYOB queries.

Unfortunately the integration of the bar code scanner and docket printer is only made to work with Retail Manager. There is no way to use these devices with AccountRight.

You may want to reconsider only using AccountRight or alternatively we have a new Point-of-Sale software available called MYOB Kounta which will allow the hardware integration of your devices.

Please check our website for more information as this may meet your needs and do not hesitate to contact us again if you have further queries.

Kind Regards

Sebastien
MYOB Client Support

Accept as SolutionGot an answer that solves your issue?
Mark it as an Accepted Solution

MikeADax
Experienced User
11 Posts
Experienced User
Australia
Experienced User

11Posts

6Kudos

1Solutions

Accountright sadly isn't suited to work with docket printers and barcode scanners. If, as you said, you're happy with your current setup, I'd stick to it. RetailBasics is a great, lightweight point of sale program. Do you have it setup to export your sales data to AccountRight? that can certainly make using both the programs more seamless. 

SqueePOS - Support for IT & POS equipment in retail businesses.
Suja_P
5,976 Posts
Former Staff
Australia
Former Staff

5,976Posts

0Kudos

477Solutions

Hi @StevenWynn,

I trust the responses you received were useful to you. Please post again if you need further assistance or anytime you need help. We're happy to assist.

I'd also like to take this opportunity to extend a very warm welcome to the MYOB Community Forum. I hope you find this to be a useful tool.

Cheers,
Suja Pillai

Social Support and Community Manager

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

StevenWynn
4 Posts
Cover User
Australia
Cover User

4Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Hi Squee, thank you for your advise.

At this stage we do not have retail basics to export to account right.

We are looking at using the inventory function on Account Right, and the problem is then that when we make sales from Retail Basics, it will not pull the item out of stock from Account Right.

We are extremely happy with Account Right, and Retail Basics is very easy to use with the docket printer & scanner, so we would prefer to continue the way we are.

Look forward to some tips on how to export the Retail Basics file to Account Right,

Kind Regards

Steve Wynn

Sebastien_D
2,784 Posts
Former Staff
Australia
Former Staff

2,784Posts

0Kudos

232Solutions

Hey @StevenWynn,

Thanks for your reply,

If you are more than happy to continue using Retail Basics then the integration with docket printer and scanner should be fine. However if there are troubles working out how to export Retail Basics information to import into AccountRight, please check our Support Note page - Accounting Export.

Please let us know how you go as we are happy to assist further.

Kind Regards

Sebastien
MYOB Client Support

Accept as SolutionGot an answer that solves your issue?
Mark it as an Accepted Solution

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post