Contributing Partner
Australia
Contributing Partner

5Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Retail Manager Upgrade

Hi 

I have a client that needs to upgrade their Accountright v19 software to online v2019.2 in order to comply for STP, however they will still need to be able to integrate their MYOB Retail Manager software in to the data file. 

The problem is that their MYOB Retail manager is from 2010 so quite old. I cant seeem to find any information on an upgrade or cost. Everything seems to direct me to Kounta which will not be suitable for the business. 

I can see where and how to change the export settings within Retail Manager to change it to a Accountright v 2019.2 integration so it must be a posiibility, but cant find anything on the upgrade required for Retail Manager in order to do so. 

Can anyone help?

8 REPLIES 8
MYOB Staff Post AliK607
382 Posts
MYOB Staff Post
MYOB Staff Post

382Posts

165Kudos

0Solutions

Re: Retail Manager Upgrade

Hello @Lauren_LBW ,

We need to make sure you are using Retail Manager version 12.5.

As you may have already noticed in the Setup > Options > Accounting > We can select the 'Accountright Online API' option to have retail manager linked up to MYOB Acccountright v2019.2 for acccounting exports.

Retail Manager v12.5 is fully compatible with the latest Accountright Live versions. (i.e. in terms of exporting daily cashups)

Any older version of Retail manager is not supported for the online accountright file. In this case, a subscription renewal may be required for your current retail manager product. The current pricing for that is $70.50 per month.

PS: Kounta is also fully compatible with accountright v2019.2

Regards
Ali
MYOB Client Support
Contributing Partner Lauren_LBW
5 Posts
Contributing Partner
Australia
Contributing Partner

5Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Thanks - Is there an easy way for me to tell what version they are on?

MYOB Staff Post AliK607
382 Posts
MYOB Staff Post
MYOB Staff Post

382Posts

165Kudos

0Solutions

Sure @Lauren_LBW ,

If you get them to look at the retail manager icon on their desktop, it should look something like this:
(see image 1  below)

Alternatively, if they are already logged into retail manager, they can go to Help > About MYOB Retail Manager and they should be able to see the following screen:
(see image 2)

Regards
Ali
MYOB Client Support
im2.PNG
im3.PNG
Ultimate Cover User bungy15
1,055 Posts
Ultimate Cover User
Australia
Ultimate Cover User

1,055Posts

851Kudos

0Solutions

Hi @Lauren_LBW 

If you have any issues with RM contact @Stuart_Donaldson. He is a RM expert and did a consultation at my workplace so I would recommend him to anyone using RM.

Cheers

Tracey

5 Posts
Contributing Partner
Australia
Contributing Partner

5Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

ok so it is v11.1.6.9.1

would an upgrade to v12.5 be easy to complete?

MYOB Staff Post AliK607
382 Posts
MYOB Staff Post
MYOB Staff Post

382Posts

165Kudos

0Solutions

The retail manager (RM) upgrade will simply require you to uninstall your current version of RM and reinstall the new RM v12.5, the full steps are included in the article below:

KB0014618 - Uninstalling and reinstalling RetailManager:
http://help.myob.com/wiki/x/xgmc

If you have more than one computer using retail manager, you will need to only need to follow step 3 & 4, from the article above, for those additional (network) computers.

You will need to ensure you have an active subcription for retail manager before you do the upgrade.

Regards
Ali
MYOB Client Support
5 Posts
Contributing Partner
Australia
Contributing Partner

5Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Will the upgrade retain all of the informaton from the old version with regards to stock etc?

What is the best way to check an active subscription for Retail Manager? They currently have an active subscription for Accountright. 

MYOB Staff Post AliK607
382 Posts
MYOB Staff Post
MYOB Staff Post

382Posts

165Kudos

0Solutions

The data will not be affected by the uninstallation and reinstallation process, however it is recommended that you backup your files as stated in the help article from my previous post.

I can check the Serial number for you to see if it has an active subcription, i will just need you to send me a direct message with the retail manager serial number which can be found under Help > Company details. (within the program)

(please refrain from including the Serial number in this forum post as we aim to safeguard our clients' private information)

Regards
Ali
MYOB Client Support
Didn't find your answer here?
Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post