Australia
mooo
Experienced Cover User

11Posts

2Kudos

0Solutions

AccountEdge Single Touch Payroll

Hi,

I would like to ask a few questions regarding STP.

Our company uses MYOB AccountEdge and got deferral for STP compliance till the end of this month. Since MYOB released the upgrade including STP stuff last week, do we need to comply with STP straight away or can we start in June?

Secondly, in our first reporting to ATO, will it include the YTD information for the last 11 months as well?

Lastly, we are currently processing Director’s Drawings in Payroll (before the STP upgrade). Will this be reported to ATO under STP? We don’t pay super and it is not expensed but reducing equity. We are running director’s drawing purely to track their leave entitlements.

Thank you in advance.

3 REPLIES 3
MYOB Moderator Neil_M
2,000 Posts
MYOB Moderator
Neil_M
MYOB Moderator

11642Posts

1357Kudos

1634Solutions

Re: AccountEdge Single Touch Payroll

Hi @mooo 

The deferral was only designed to defer your reporting requirements. So if you had 20 or more employees you will need to start reporting as soon as the deferral ends. In contrast if you have 19 or fewer employees you can start reporting now, however you will need to report from 1 July 2019.

When you report through STP, the YTD figures are reported to the ATO for each employee within that pay. Employees not included in that pay, such as terminated employees will not be reported.

If you are unsure as to whether a specific payroll category should be reported to the ATO, I recommend speaking with your accountant or the ATO. They will be able to advise you of the applicable ATO reporting category for that payroll category

Regards,
Neil

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Contributing Cover User ritat73
5 Posts
Contributing Cover User
Australia
ritat73
Contributing Cover User

5Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

When we first go into STP reporting, it is asking for "Lodge pays via STP from".  Will this be the date of the current payrun?  I understand that all employees in that payrun have a ytd figure and that will be sent to the ATO, but how do we report employees that have left and their final figures? Do we leave them out all together? What will happen when the end of year comes around and they need their payment summaries?

MYOB Moderator Neil_M
2,000 Posts
MYOB Moderator
Neil_M
MYOB Moderator

11642Posts

1357Kudos

1634Solutions

Hi @ritat73 

For employees who are not going to be paid after signing up to STP, you will either need to report to the ATO using a payment summary for them, or you will need to process a void pay and then report the figures through to the ATO.

By doing a void pay, which is a zero dollar pay, it creates a reportable pay event that can be reported to the ATO, and report their YTD figures

Regards,
Neil

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Didn't find your answer here?
Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post