6 Posts
Contributing Cover User
philb
Contributing Cover User

6Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

AccountRight & STP Vs Alternatives

I have a client using AccountRight Premier v19 with a payroll of 80 employees. Migrating to AccountRight 2017.2 or higher is just not feasible as the new software runs unacceptably slow over their network compared to v19. It's not just the payroll it isd across the board - date entry, reports etc.

They have also invested heavily in 3rd party add-ons for sales.

What alternative, integrated solutions are available?

Phil Bonny CA
Director - Powe Partners Pty Ltd
Engadine NSW
2 REPLIES
MYOB Moderator Steven_M
25,622 Posts
MYOB Moderator
New Zealand
Steven_M
MYOB Moderator

25622Posts

2950Kudos

3744Solutions

Re: AccountRight & STP Vs Alternatives

Hi @philb

From an MYOB point of view, AccountRight v19 will not contain our Single Touch Payroll offering, this will be available to clients on AccountRight 2018 and later versions. Clients unable to upgrade to AccountRight 2018 and later due to the following reasons i.e. multi-currency, negative inventory, multi location inventory, M-Powered Payment or ODBC and those using AccountEdge, have been granted an STP reporting deferral until 31 May 2019. If you are looking at upgrading to AccountRight 2018 do take a look at Help Article: Upgrade to the new AccountRight for more information on that process.

Kind Regards,
Steven
MYOB Client Support
Ultimate User gavin12345
2,120 Posts
Ultimate User
Australia
gavin12345
Ultimate User

2120Posts

1664Kudos

320Solutions

Re: AccountRight & STP Vs Alternatives

Hi @philb

You asked about STP alternatives. For those who can't or won't upgrade their accounting software, there are alternative ways to comply with Single Touch Payroll (STP).

Like SuperStream, employers can comply with the requirements using alternative methods. With SupersStream where organisations like industry funds allow employers to simply log in to either manually enter data into a grid or upload a custom csv file, there are 3rd party providers who will provide a similar service for Single Touch Payroll. At one point the ATO indicated super funds might soon provide a single touch solution as they have all the infrastructure in place. 

I haven't seen any super funds offering single touch as yet, however I have seen a number of other single touch providers offer a csv upload option for employers using non compliant software including MYOB. Google something like 'Single Touch Payroll csv upload' or similar. Send me a private message if you don't have any luck and I can email you a few links.

Another alternative that some may pursue is to outsource their payroll function. 

Regards

Gavin

Didn't find your answer here?
Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post