Thank you for visiting our Partner Zone. This area is an exclusive space for MYOB Partners. Find out how to Partner with MYOB.
As explained above, if the Payroll Register and Payroll Activity reports don't match, it indicates that a manual change has been made to the Pay History in the employee card.
Have you been able to narrow down which payroll category is causing the problem? Or a payment type that those employees have in common, eg termination payments, leave loading, an allowance?
As the Summary of payments is less than the Payroll Activity report, it sounds like a payroll category is not being reported through STP. So you'll need to work out which category is the problem so that you can fix it. Check for things like leave loading being exempted from PAYG Withholding. Or an Allowance that's reported separately, not included in gross payments.
Please let me know how you go with this.
The 2 employees in question left employment due to Covid19 and they were paid out entitlements. When Jobkeeper came in they returned. They had a new start date, the only thing I could think of was putting their start date back to what it was before they left but that hasn't changed anything.
I have checked all the payroll catagories and they are correct. There does not seem to be any rhyme or reason to the errors. In all but one case the employees have been terminated, but it is not a problem with termination payments, leave entitlements etc. (most of them are casual employees). I spoke to MYOB support this morning, and their advice was that it will all correct itself when the next payrun is done. I dont feel that is correct information, so any other assistance would be appreciated :-).
July - last edited July
Of 7 employees, 6 do not have the correct YTD figures in the Final Submission in STP.
1. We operate on a Jan - Dec Financial year but a July - June Payroll year. I wonder if this is relevant.
2. Our accountant has closed off our 2019 fin. year so it looks like I will have to submit 2 update events, one for 2019 and one for 2020 to get our totals, but even then the YTD totals added together do not reconcile against AccountEdge payroll reports and are out by an errant figure that doesn't match a single missing payroll. Less than but still significant.
3. The one employee whose YTD totals are correct recieved their final salary in December 19 which makes me wonder if I can pin down the error to occurring since January this year.
4. I have checked the Payroll register and Activity reports against each other and they reconcile.
5. I have run a nil payroll at 30/6/20 yesterday and again today and it has not fixed the problem.
6. The shortfall is happing in both Gross Wages and PAYG for the other 6 employees.
Any ideas what I can try next?
EDIT: Oh and 7. I have checked all the payroll categories and all are correct and none hve been clicked as PAYG exempt.
My Payroll Activity and Payroll Register reports match but they don't match the YTD verification report.
I have followed steps 1-4 with no luck.
Out of 90 employees - approx 60 are correct. Allmost all employees who are paid twice a month don't balance.
I could swear that yesterday morning (1st) all except 2 employees were correct.
Can you please assist?
Hi Tracey, have done this and payroll for w/e 24/6 still not showing up, but when I click on payroll reporting - YTD verification report - it matches up with my Payroll Activity and register summary reports, but in the payroll reporting centre the figures are incorrect. Also, I did not commence reporting until September 19 - how can I run off payment summaries for period from 1/7 - 12/9/19 for our employees. Thank you.
This may be a very silly question -
Where do I find the YTD verification report, as mentioned in your post below?
Go to the EOFY Finalisation tab and click on it and look over hard right and its in pale purple writing