Partner
Australia
Snely
Partner

13Posts

1Kudos

0Solutions

Accountright Premier V 19.10 on Server and STP

We currently run on AR Premier on a server with 5 users.  With the Under 20 employee deadline approaching, please advise what our choices are regarding compliance with STP.    Do we simply upgrade to AR Plus 2018.4 Live.  How many users are available on a monthly subscription to the 1 data file. 

Can we put the new AR Plus 2018.4 on a Server? 

Your advice would be appreciated, along with a quote for upgrade/subscription. 

Also, is it a straight forward upgrade from AR Premier 19.10 to AR Plus 2018.4. 

Thanks

Sue

9 REPLIES 9
MYOB Moderator Neil_M
10,206 Posts
MYOB Moderator
Neil_M
MYOB Moderator

10206Posts

1129Kudos

1444Solutions

Re: Accountright Premier V 19.10 on Server and STP

Hi @Snely

In terms of compliance with STP, upgrading to AccountRight 201X is the easiest way to remain compliant. Whilst you could migrate to MYOB Essentials for compliance, as MYOB Essentials is designed for smaller businesses it may not be suitable if your file is currently using AccountRight Premier.

As theres no hard limit on a number of users accessing the file on a server, barring some sort of network limitation there shouldn’t be any reason why five users couldn’t access the file at the same time.

In terms of setting things up, I recommend having a look at our help article Set up a Network. This article goes through the required setup on both the server and client computers, as well as download links to both the current Server and PC Editions of AccountRight for the setup.

Assuming the serial number is linked to an active subscription then there will be no additional cost to upgrade the files on that serial number. If the company file is going to be stored on the server and not online, I recommend having a look at our help article, Upgrade without putting your company file online

Regards,
Neil

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Partner Snely
13 Posts
Partner
Australia
Snely
Partner

13Posts

1Kudos

0Solutions

Hi Neil

Thanks for the quick response. 

The serial number is currently not linked to a subscription/support.      Any more advice on upgrading the company file considering this?  We understand to do an upgrade to 2018.4 we would have to enter a monthly subscritpion. 

Can you also confirm that AR Premier data file can be upgraded to AR Plus 2018.4. 

Am I right in saying there is no STP upgrade for a Premier file, we would have to go to AR Plus 2018.4.

With regard to putting the file on a server and not going Online. , I just want to clarify my understanding of our options.   Are you saying because the File is on a server for multi user access, that we don't need to upload the file to Live (in the Cloud).  This would be  preferablle, as I still find files in the cloud to be slower compared to those that are not.    Our current Premier V 19.10 is super quick for all users.   

Or are the two options:

a) Putting it on our Server - multi user access

b) Online Live - multi user access this way instead of on server?

Thanks

Sue

Experienced User Elizabeth_Adamson
394 Posts
Experienced User
Australia
Elizabeth_Adamson
Experienced User

394Posts

171Kudos

17Solutions

Hi Sue

I have sent you a private message with alternatives to upgrading as you may find the new versions are too slow and unreliable at this stage as you will see if you have a look through the forum. MYOB says they are working on this but it may be some time before they have an acceptable product for many businesses.

Cheers

Liz

Ultimate Partner Mike_James
3,962 Posts
Ultimate Partner
New Zealand
Mike_James
Ultimate Partner

3962Posts

1715Kudos

492Solutions

Hi @Snelythis Help topic explains which features of the new AccountRight are only available for online files. 

If your converted file size is large (anything from 300MB upwards it seems), then you may find performance is an issue. Even for smaller files, you will not get the same performance compared to your current set-up (which you describe as super-quick, which suggests a terminal server set-up).

If you use multiple currencies on sales transactions, this part of multiple currencies is not yet available in the new program (as at version 2018.4 - it is expected to come out in the first release of 2019). 

If you have extensive inventory management including sales and purchase orders etc., the new program might give you a few surprises. 

Note that the server version of the new program does not require an actual server operating system, a reasonably high-spec workstation will suffice. If you have a terminal server, then there is an MSI version, which basically installs the PC version to all user accounts, and enables a network library, as I understand it. 

As Elizabeth says, there are options, such as ours, to allow you to continue with v19 if you need to.

Regards, Mike (mike@datawise.co.nz)
DataWise Limited (www.datawise.co.nz), developers of:
DataWise Report Writer - Custom Reporting from MYOB programs
(Including AccountRight Classic/Live, and exo Payroll)
New: STP Reporting solution for (Aust) v19 users, email for details

Partner Snely
13 Posts
Partner
Australia
Snely
Partner

13Posts

1Kudos

0Solutions

Hi Mike

thanks for that info.  The file is 138,528 KB.    We don't use Inventory or Foreign Currency, so that won't be an issue either. 

Food for thought though, as the client/employer does love V19 for the speed. 

Without speaking to our IT guy, I'd say your correct we have a Terminal Server setup. 

On a side point, I note that all these comments seem to be coming from NZ, I am in Australia?  Smiley Happy

Thanks

Sue

Ultimate Partner Mike_James
3,962 Posts
Ultimate Partner
New Zealand
Mike_James
Ultimate Partner

3962Posts

1715Kudos

492Solutions

Hi Sue @Snely, I have a particular client in Australia (amongst others) that I do a lot of custom payroll reporting for, including STP now.

Regards, Mike (mike@datawise.co.nz)
DataWise Limited (www.datawise.co.nz), developers of:
DataWise Report Writer - Custom Reporting from MYOB programs
(Including AccountRight Classic/Live, and exo Payroll)
New: STP Reporting solution for (Aust) v19 users, email for details

MYOB Moderator Neil_M
10,206 Posts
MYOB Moderator
Neil_M
MYOB Moderator

10206Posts

1129Kudos

1444Solutions

Hi @Snely

Just to clarify a couple of points you raised earlier, yes you would need to have a subscription on that serial number to be able to upgrade the files to the latest version.

As a general rule when you upgrade an AccountRight v19 file it will upgrade to the same level in AccountRight 201X. So if the company file is an AccountRight Premier v19 file then generally the file will upgrade to an AccountRight Premier 201X file. Its worth noting that AccountRight Premier 201X, just like AccountRight Plus 201X is compliant with STP reporting requirements.

AccountRight 201X can store a file in three different types of locations. Depending on your situation, some of these may be better options than others. These storage options are:

My Library – stored solely on that computer, not uploaded to the cloud

Online Library – File is stored on the cloud and does require internet access for a user to access the file. This allows multiple users to access the file

Network Library – The file is stored on a “Server” computer and is accessed by another computer on the network that isn’t the server computer. This also allows multiple users to access the file, and doesn’t require internet access.

Its worth noting that some Live features, such as the In Tray and the inbuilt Emailing functionality do require the file to be online. That said it is entirely your choice as to where you store the file.

If you are considering upgrading the file to AccountRight 201X, I recommend having a look at our forum post, Preparing the file and environment for the upgrade. This post has some useful tips on preparing your company file for the upgrade.

Regards,
Neil

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Partner Snely
13 Posts
Partner
Australia
Snely
Partner

13Posts

1Kudos

0Solutions

Thanks for your replies and advice everyone.    Sorry for the delay, been in Melbourne, just got back.

The employer is getting all new computers in the next week, so will digest all your advice and make decisions after this is all sorted

thanks

Sue

Partner Snely
13 Posts
Partner
Australia
Snely
Partner

13Posts

1Kudos

0Solutions