Partner Zone

Check Payroll Details - no option to open the card/print window

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
AlanT
Partner
2,286 Posts
Partner
Australia
Partner

2,286Posts

734Kudos

422Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

Check Payroll Details - no option to open the card/print window

Hi MYOB,

I am looking at the new Payroll Reporting feature in 2018.1 and ran the first step to [Check Payroll Details].

This generated a list of employees who have problems that need to be fixed.

There does not seem to be any way to print this report so that I can tick off each error as they are fixed.  It does not seem to even be possible to export this to an Excel spread sheet.

With a large list of corrections to be made, this is not going to be very efficient.  Any suggestions?

What about having it so I can click on the listed error and AccountRight takes you to that employee's card?  Now that would be it easier.

Regards,

Alan

4 REPLIES 4
Kym__Yeoward
Ultimate Partner
1,690 Posts
Ultimate Partner
Australia
Ultimate Partner

1,690Posts

616Kudos

128Solutions

Re: AccountRight 2018.1 with STP checking

Hi @AlanT - thanks for some good suggestions !

A workaround that might help, in the meantime:

- Click on the Check Payroll Details window and copy it, using Alt - PrtSc

- Then open Excel and Edit - Paste (or right-click Paste)

- If needed, insert a column before column A and use it to mark-off each completed employee edit with an "x".

Kym Yeoward

Darwin

AlanT
Partner
2,286 Posts
Partner
Australia
Partner

2,286Posts

734Kudos

422Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved

@Kym__Yeoward

Hi Kym,

Yes, you can cut and paste the screen shot as an image but not as data.  Therefore if you wish to record when each employee has been corrected, you will need to print the screen shot.

It is just very disappointing that the team at MYOB didn't give us the tools that would provide a smooth work flow.

:-(

Alan

Kym__Yeoward
Ultimate Partner
1,690 Posts
Ultimate Partner
Australia
Ultimate Partner

1,690Posts

616Kudos

128Solutions

Hi @AlanT

Once you've pasted the screen shot into Excel, insert a column on the left and adjust the row heights to line-up with the data. You can then insert an "x" in each row, when that employee's details have been updated.

Helps with tracking who has been updated and the employees still to come.

Kym Y 

Steven_M
MYOB Moderator
44,605 Posts
MYOB Moderator
New Zealand
MYOB Moderator

44,605Posts

6,139Kudos

6,666Solutions

Hi @AlanT 

The Check Payroll Details Tool is designed to check the employee card details ready for Single Touch Payroll. While we would have really liked the ability to develop a way of printing i.e. through a report or see the ability to directly open the cards up, however, it was a development decision not to include that and focus more development efforts on the overall solution. We do appreciate the feedback and do acknowledge that additional workflow improvements could have been made in regards to that window to ease the process.

As @Kym__Yeoward has indicated, selecting to a screenshot would be the ideal way to do that. Alternatively, you could align your screen and windows to show that information side by side:

Attachment.PNG

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| My Account

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post