Australia
Julie115
Cover User

3Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Checking Payroll before Authorising on ATO Single Touch Payroll

Good Afternoon,

Single Touch Payroll recording and authorising process.

There needs to be a change made in the process of steps.

Part of sending through the payroll report to the ATO - Single Touch Payroll requires the user to authorise the payroll report being sent as "correct".

Part of our process of checking it is correct is to print off reports and cross check them against the total hours worked (Payroll Summary) and also that the wages have been coded to the the correct job (Payroll Activity and Job Activity Summary)

MYOB has taken this function away from users with Single Touch Payroll, so when we are putting our name in the  AUTHORISED section of the process maybe we need to type our name but also add - NOT checked due to MYOB Software.

Can a change be made so when we process the payroll information press save and close and the reports are available to print and check and then go back in and record. Or give us a selection of reports available other than the two you have that are useless to us.

I await your reply

Thank You

Julie 

Thanks

3 REPLIES 3
Super User sholt73
551 Posts
Super User
Australia
sholt73
Super User

551Posts

324Kudos

25Solutions

Re: Checking Payroll before Authorising on ATO Single Touch Payroll

i might have misunderstood your post. sounds like you check your payroll data before recording or declare the payments to the ATO.

you might want to read through this link: https://community.myob.com/t5/Single-Touch-Payroll-STP-Q-A/Pay-Processing-FAQs-with-Single-Touch-Pay...

specifically under: What if I need approval before processing and declaring?

it also covers if you want to record the payroll transaction and then report after under: What if I need to record my Payroll but can't Declare it right now?

Julie115
3 Posts
Cover User
Australia
Julie115
Cover User

3Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Thank you for your reply

I understand the process involved if you need to get approval, make corrections or declaring at a later time through the Single Touch Payroll function. 

What I was trying to explain was...

That before the introduction of Single Touch Payroll you could enter your payroll data, print any report, check your entries and then record your payroll. 

MYOB has taken that function away with the Single Touch Payroll. You now enter payroll data and cannot print all of the reports until you press record. (There are only 2 reports available which do not have detailed information I use to crosscheck my entries)

Reports needed that I am referring to are Payroll Activity Summary, Payroll Summary and Job Activity Summary.

What I am trying to explain is once you press record with Single Touch Payroll you are then asked to declare that the information is correct by the ATO, but how can I put my name against that declaration if I have not printed the reports and checked that the information is correct. MYOB has taken this step out of our hands. I have been signing the declaration with my name but then adding NOT CHECKED DUE TO MYOB SOFTWARE.

Why can't the full range of reports be available to print when you press Save and Close in the Process Payroll Function rather than when you press Record.

Thanks

Julie

MYOB Moderator Hayden_B
5,586 Posts
MYOB Moderator
Australia
Hayden_B
MYOB Moderator

5586Posts

839Kudos

786Solutions

Hi @Julie115

To be certain I'm relaying your feedback correctly, could I just confirm a few details?

The Payroll Activity & Job Activity reports and will grab it's data from recorded payroll transactions and does not show new information until new transactions have been recorded, this is the same in both AccountRight 2018 and AccountRight v19.

When running through a Pay Run, before recording there is the "Preview Pay Details" and "Payrun Activity" reports that show information about this Pay Run before being recorded.

Could I just confirm what the original process was before this change?

For example:

1. Process Payroll and enter the relevant Pay Details.

2. Save the Pay Run for later

3. Run the reports for the current date where the Pay Run is saved

I may have missed something when looking into this that you could help me find.

Didn't find your answer here?
Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post