Australia
Contributing Cover User

5Posts

1Kudos

1Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

DELETING A REPORT NOT SENT TO ATO

Hi

Is there a way to delete a report not sent to the ATO in Single Touch Payroll?  It is for a single payment that was processed twice in error.  One payment was processed correctly and the report sent to the ATO.  The second payment was deleted and no longer exists in MYOB but the report is still sat as unsent to the ATO and does not ever need to be sent.

Thanks

6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted
MYOB Moderator
36,462 Posts
MYOB Moderator
New Zealand
MYOB Moderator

36,462Posts

4,938Kudos

5,328Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved

Re: DELETING A REPORT NOT SENT TO ATO

Hi @ZNrth 

Currently, pay runs as not able to be removed from the Payroll Reporting Centre. There are various reasons for keeping track of the pay events that are created, sent/unsent and even rejected. The most common reason is that it includes an aduit history of what has occurred with the pays for record-keeping purposes.

We do understand that that in some cases the Payroll Reporting Centre can be a long list after including those possibly now unwanted pay events. The addition of a filter on the Payroll Reporting Centre to potentially remove those unwanted pay events is something that we are considering for the future.

Note: MYOB Software will report the employee's year-to-date information to the ATO as per the ATO guidelines on STP.

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Highlighted
Contributing Cover User
5 Posts
Contributing Cover User
Australia
Contributing Cover User

5Posts

1Kudos

1Solutions

Thank you for your reply.  I will leave the report there.

Highlighted
2 Posts
User
User

2Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Sometimes STP was prepared by diffeernt staff for different time & different period. Wrong report staying with the system might be reported by other staff to ATO accidentally. Then, employee's income might be double up at the end of the financial year. Therefore, there should be a function which allowed us to delete wrong report straightaway.

Highlighted
MYOB Moderator
12,675 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

12,675Posts

1,502Kudos

1,789Solutions

Hi @CWong 

When a report is lodged through STP it is only sending through the year to date figures for the employees in that pay run. As such the only way for the ATO to end up with a report showing double the employee’s salary would be for that employee to have their year to date figures being twice their regular salary.

Additionally as those figures are updated on each STP report, even if a mistake was made and the employee’s last pay was incorrect the next reported pay for that employee, assuming the correct figures in the employees pay history, will correct the ATO’s records

Regards,
Neil

MYOB Community Support

Did my answer help?

Highlighted
3 Posts
User

3Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

If a pay was deleted and re done due to incorrect figures, will the deleted pay be reported to the ATO through my STP? 

Otherwise ATO will have more pays reported than actually paid. 

Thank you for any clarificaiton you can give. 

Highlighted
MYOB Moderator
12,675 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

12,675Posts

1,502Kudos

1,789Solutions

Hi @CragHas 

If you delete a pay, and the employee is not going to be paid again you will need to create an update event to notify the ATO. An update event is created every time a pay is processed, including a zero dollar pay. You would then need to lodge the update event in the same way you normally do.

Alternatively if the employee is going to be paid again, when that pay is reported to the ATO the employee’s year to date info will be sent through.

In either case the ATO needs to have another STP report sent through to update the ATO’s records of the deleted pay. Just deleting or changing a pay in your software doesn’t update the ATO’s records without another report sent.

Regards,
Neil

MYOB Community Support

Did my answer help?

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post