Australia
Linda30
Contributing Cover User

8Posts

3Kudos

1Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

EOFY STP reporting

Ok, so in my haste to prep for Mondays payroll I went straight ot Prepare summaries, did all my checks and submitted via portal everyones group certificates.

Problem being I have been doing STP all  year - aghh!

So I assume I cant complete the STP process now as I have already reported - that would be doubling up right?

What are my options?  Leave as is - all reported old fashioned way or try to recall/cancel what I have submitted and had verified and complete STP process....

HELP

10 REPLIES 10
Ultimate Partner BooksInTheCloud
1,728 Posts
Ultimate Partner
Australia
BooksInTheCloud
Ultimate Partner

1728Posts

1495Kudos

183Solutions

Re: EOFY STP reporting

Hi @Linda30 

I have heard reports that if you submit the EMPDUPE file to the ATO when you have been reporting STP it will double up.   I would call the ATO on Monday and speak to them and ask them to cancel the submission at their end.   Try and get on the phone to them first thing in the morning so you are not on hold for too long as their phone lines will most likely heavily consumed at the moment. 

If I am responding to your query and I have helped you please kindly mark my post as a solution to assist others in the future.
Warm Regards
Renae

@renae2peas
Partner KapeCentro2012
3 Posts
Partner
Australia
KapeCentro2012

3Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

I have done the same thing, submitted the EMPDUPE. I have not finalised MYOB STP though as yet just in case it doubles up. I can't get through to MYOB to ask what would happen if I don't finalise but can't get through, I have called the ATO Thursday after it happend and again on Friday as advised to see if the EMPDUPE has been accepted (lodgment advise stated accepted). First time via the referance lodgment number it was not showing up & the ATO advise MAYBE if you report via STP if won't accept EMPDUPE but they wasn't sure. Called back Friday and they still couldn't see the EMPUDPE lodged but call back in a week (DON'T HAVE THAT TIME FRAME).

I don't know weather to finalise MYOB STP as I will have a new year payroll run on Tuesday. Any advise???

Ultimate Cover User bungy15
1,027 Posts
Ultimate Cover User
Australia
bungy15
Ultimate Cover User

1027Posts

831Kudos

185Solutions

Hi @KapeCentro2012 @Linda30 @BooksInTheCloud 

This exact question was asked on the ATO Community forum on Friday.  No answer yet, but when it does get answered I’ll let you know.

Cheers

Tracey

Ultimate Cover User bungy15
1,027 Posts
Ultimate Cover User
Australia
bungy15
Ultimate Cover User

1027Posts

831Kudos

185Solutions

Hi @Linda30 @KapeCentro2012 @BooksInTheCloud 

I just spoke to the ATO and thought I’d check on this since I had them on the phone.

The answer was that if you have been reporting through STP they want you to finalise through STP. If you sent an empdupe, you need to amend it to $0 and resend.

Hope this helps

Tracey

1,728 Posts
Ultimate Partner
Australia
BooksInTheCloud
Ultimate Partner

1728Posts

1495Kudos

183Solutions

Hi @bungy15 

Thank you so much for giving us an answer to this question from the ATOSmiley Very Happy.   

If I am responding to your query and I have helped you please kindly mark my post as a solution to assist others in the future.
Warm Regards
Renae

@renae2peas
1,728 Posts
Ultimate Partner
Australia
BooksInTheCloud
Ultimate Partner

1728Posts

1495Kudos

183Solutions

https://www.icb.org.au/news/home/do-not-zero-out-your-stp/a/7986?fbclid=IwAR1v59tTU4eueVPa8J4s8sXX8s...

Warm Regards
Renae

@renae2peas
Contributing Cover User Linda30
8 Posts
Contributing Cover User
Australia
Linda30
Contributing Cover User

8Posts

3Kudos

1Solutions

Thanks Tracey - that gives me two conflicting answers now lol

Our accountant also spoke to the ATO and was advised to leave as is...

So as both answers are only verbals I have emailed them and asked for the best solution in writing so I can implement.

When I see something come back I will update the post here

8 Posts
Contributing Cover User
Australia
Linda30
Contributing Cover User

8Posts

3Kudos

1Solutions

Good morning all

I have just had an email and phone call from the ATO Assistant Director of STP .

Apparently they have anticipated this situation may occur.

My instructions are to leave the EMPDUPE file alone - dont amend !  This file is acceptable and I have met my reporting obligations. I was asked to complete the STP side AS WELL. I was assured there will be no double up as there are measures in place to prevent this and there is no immediate hurry as I have fulfilled my obligations.

As a test I am to complete my STP and notify them with my ABN and they will monitor it to ensure there is no problem. I have asked if I can obtain a contact email for others to do the same.

Can I suggest if you have done as I have to wait a bit longer to make sure my reporting goes as they suggest and I will update

I will update by the end of the week when I have completed the STP and lodged.

8 Posts
Contributing Cover User
Australia
Linda30
Contributing Cover User

8Posts

3Kudos

1Solutions

Good morning

I have just had an email and phone call from the ATO Assistant Director of STP

Apparently they have anticipated this situation may occur.

My instructions are to leave the EMPDUPE file alone - dont amend !  This file is acceptable and I have met my reporting obligations. I was asked to complete the STP side AS WELL. I was assured there will be no double up as there are measures in place to prevent this and there is no immediate hurry as I have fulfilled my obligations.

As a test I am to complete my STP and notify them with my ABN and they will monitor it to ensure there is no problem. I have asked if I can obtain a contact email for others to do the same.

Can I suggest if you have done as I have to wait a bit longer to make sure my reporting goes as they suggest and I will update

I will update by the end of the week when I have completed the STP and lodged.

Didn't find your answer here?
Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post