Partner Zone
Partner Zone

ETP

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
Highlighted
Contributing Cover User BulimbaOSHC
20 Posts
Contributing Cover User
Australia
BulimbaOSHC
Contributing Cover User

20Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

ETP

Hello  I was wondering whether we are still obligated to provide the ATO Form - Employment Termination Payment Summaries to employees we have terminated under Single Touch Payroll?

I handle 3 entities and have set them all up on STP (even though this one has less than 19 staff) and I know I can finalise an employee through STP - do I need to manually complete any forms still?

Thanks,

Sacha

1 REPLY 1
MYOB Moderator Satyam_N
316 Posts
MYOB Moderator
Australia
Satyam_N
MYOB Moderator

316Posts

66Kudos

58Solutions

Re: ETP

Hi @BulimbaOSHC

Thanks for posting on the MYOB Community Forum.

According to ATO, you may be exempt from giving Employment Termination Payments (ETP) for the amounts you reported through Single Touch Payroll. This information will be made available to your employees online through myGov and they can even request a copy of this information from ATO.

To be exempt from issuing these payments summaries to your employees, you will need to make a finalisation declaration. This declares you have provided all required information for the financial year through your STP reporting.

You can find some more information at the ATO website- Finalising your Single Touch Payroll data.

Do let us know how you get on and if you require further assistance.

Cheers,
Satyam
MYOB Client Support
Didn't find your answer here?
Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post