Employee wages prior to joining STP

Highlighted
4 Posts
User

4Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Employee wages prior to joining STP

Hi, if I started using STP/ MYOB Essentials half way during the financial year, do I need to enter the wages that the employees earnt prior to when I started using STP (for that financial year), before I finalise the EOFY sign off? And if I do, how do I enter that into MYOB Essentials? Thank you.

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
MYOB Moderator
36,990 Posts
MYOB Moderator
New Zealand
MYOB Moderator

36,990Posts

5,008Kudos

5,403Solutions

Re: Employee wages prior to joining STP

Hi @MelBale 

The process will depend on what you have done in the first half of the year:

• If you have used a different payroll software and reported that information to the ATO and have migrated that data, you would be looking at zeroing out the information, completing finalisation on the previous software. This will ensure that you have 0.00 for those employees from that software and reporting will be done on the pays in MYOB Essentials (including the pay history).

• If you have moved software and not migrated those transactions as payroll transactions, you want to complete the finalisation in your previous software and enter any new pays in MYOB Essentials.

• If you have not used another software, but have entered the pays in MYOB Essentials i.e. you have registered halfway through the financial year you would be good to go. As Payroll Reporting (STP) is based on the year-to-date information when you process your first pay with it enabled you are reporting that pay and the previous pays in the year.

• If you have not used another software, and not entered the pays in MYOB Essentials, you want to enter those pays using the Payroll>>Enter pay functionality to enter those pays. This will add in the pay information and report it through to the ATO.

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post