4 Posts
User

4Posts

1Kudos

0Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

Essentials STP

Hi

I have set up Essentials STP only and have entered my staff members name which is Kristopher James but it will only let me put in Kristopher Jame - is there only a certain number of letter in the name field?

Also I am trying to put a employee details into the superannuation section but there is no Cbus in the drop down menue but I can't put in the required field to get Cbus.

4 REPLIES 4
MYOB Moderator Andrew_Y
805 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

805Posts

150Kudos

0Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved

Re: Essentials STP

Hello @Jenny08 

Thanks for taking the time to bring your enquiry to us and welcome to the MYOB Community Forums. 

Unfortunately, the way that Essentials is set up in a web based environment, there is no current way to alter the character limits for name fields.  I understand this can be a frustration and if you think that this is something other users would also benefit from, we do have an MYOB Essentials Idea Exchange that you might want to consider making a suggestion.

With your employee superannuation fund, this article Set up employees for paying super  lists what you can do if the option to enter the fund isn’t accepting your input.

If we have helped in pointing you to appropriate information and answers, I ask that you kindly consider marking this post as a solution so that others may find what they need easier.

Cheers,
Andrew

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Trusted Cover User Jenny-Penny
49 Posts
Trusted Cover User
Australia
Trusted Cover User

49Posts

65Kudos

0Solutions

Hi Andrew,

I would really like to think that you are joking...but it's obviously not a Joke.  So your saying that if an employee

has a long name (beyond what is catered for in essentials) that all the documentation for them including

Really Important Stuff like their payslip, Superannuation documents & the reports that go to the ATO

for their Tax Returns will not have their correct name on them.

If So that really needs to be fixed ASAP !!!!!

Cheers

Jenny

MYOB Moderator Andrew_Y
805 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

805Posts

150Kudos

0Solutions

Hello Jenny ( @Jenny-Penny )

Thanks for your post, and I'd be happy to clear some things up from my post above.

Apologies if this was a cause of alarm, as that was by no means my intention.  Although the character limit is something within Essentials, the ATO will match data to the employee via their TFN

I hope that helps to alleviate any concerns you may have had regarding name character limitations.

Cheers,
Andrew

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Jenny08
4 Posts
User

4Posts

1Kudos

0Solutions

Thank you Andrew for your reply - I will keep using my Sunsuper clearing house until I can work out how to put Cbus into my program - not a big deal.

Didn't find your answer here?
Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post