Contributing Cover User
Australia
Contributing Cover User

7Posts

1Kudos

0Solutions

Finalisation Report Not Showing Superannuation for One Employee

Hi

I am reviewing our (already submitted) finalisation report and I realise that one employee does not have super showing in their finalisation report.  I am at a loss as to how to rectify this or why it has happened in the first place.  Any suggestions please as to how I 'force' the finalisation report to show the employee's superannuation guarantee payments.

Thanks.

M

3 REPLIES 3
MYOB Moderator Theresa_D
1,528 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

1,528Posts

172Kudos

0Solutions

Re: Finalisation Report Not Showing Superannuation for One Employee

Hi @M_Moar 

Thanks for your post. I hope you're finding plenty of useful tips, advice and support on the community forum. 

Was that employee terminated during the year? If so you would need to remove the termination date and complete a $0 pay run.  When you have done the $0 pay and confirmed their YTD amounts are correct in the verification report, you can re-enter their termination dates and terminate them in the Payroll Reporting Centre.  Even if they were not terminated the $0 pay run can often pull through the data and update YTD figures, more info in the linked post.  Also ensure that the employee is correctly linked to the Superannuation category. 

Let me know how you go with this. If this answers your inquiry please mark 'Accept as Solution' to help other users find this post easier. 

Cheers,
Theresa

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Contributing Cover User M_Moar
7 Posts
Contributing Cover User
Australia
Contributing Cover User

7Posts

1Kudos

0Solutions

Hi Theresa

Thank you for your response.

Unfortunately, it turned out that the situation was more complicated.  This one employee’s super had been recorded against an old ‘employer’s expenses’ category, rather than a super guarantee category.  A call to Adam (big thanks to Adam!) at customer service helped - it was necessary to create a zero payrun with the full year’s super amount entered against the correct super category, with a counter entry against the incorrect ‘employer expense’ category.

MYOB Moderator Theresa_D
1,528 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

1,528Posts

172Kudos

0Solutions

Hi @M_Moar 

I'm glad Adam was able to assist in resolving this once there were more details about the situation.  The $0 pay run information I linked before should be handy to use again in the future, especially as it creates an update event for the ATO. 

If your inquiry is resolved please mark 'Accept as Solution' to help other users find this post in their search.  Feel free to utilize the forum if you have other inquiries or support. 

Cheers,
Theresa

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Didn't find your answer here?
Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post