seonho22
1 Post
User

1Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Gross payment on EOFY goes to Zero

Hi,

In the Single Touch Payroll reporting, one of employee's gross payment becomes ZERO in all of sudden.

Payment has been made in Feb and Mar. But Gross payment in Single Touch Payroll reporting does not match with Payroll activity reporting.

What do I have to do?

Thank you

화면 캡처 2021-09-03 205329.png
화면 캡처 2021-09-03 205253.png
화면 캡처 2021-09-03 205125.png
1 REPLY 1
Yanike_S
MYOB Moderator
1,112 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

1,112Posts

79Kudos

139Solutions

Re: Gross payment on EOFY goes to Zero

Hi @seonho22 

Thanks for your post.

Single Touch Payroll (STP) sends the Year-to-Date amounts (YTD) to the ATO each time you declare a pay run. Are your YTD amounts different from your software as well?

If your payroll reports don't match the STP reports, it generally indicates that the issue is being caused by ATO reporting categories that have not been assigned correctly or by pay items that have exempted from PAYG Withholding in error. Follow these steps to find and fix the issues:

1. Run the Payroll Activity report to narrow down which payroll categories are causing the problem. Clicking on Expand all displays the detail report.
  2. Check that the correct ATO reporting category has been assigned. Change the ATO reporting category as required.
  3. Check if the pay item has been ticked exempt from PAYG in error (pay items>>open the pay item>>check the Exemptions. Remove  PAYG Withholding by clicking on X and Save
  4. Once you have made the necessary changes to the pay item, process a $0 pay dated June 30 to update STP 
  5. Wait until the report is Accepted in STP before checking the YTD verification report

Read more about STP:

STP and the ATO

Understanding the YTD verification report

Let me know how you get on with this!

Kind regards,
Yanike

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search