How do I give feedback on STP processing in Myob

LAPlus
1 Post
User

1Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

How do I give feedback on STP processing in Myob

The STP process in Myob is extremely frustrating. You should be able to change pays and then when you are finally ready submit the STP. Myob just forces a submission with every payrun. So you need to reverse the pay (forced to submit) then process a new pay (and submit again). It is a very cumbersome system and POORLY thought out.

And that stupid cheery 'don't worry you can make another payrun to fix it' message makes me want to scream!!!

MYOB, whatever were you thinking????

1 REPLY 1
MYOB Moderator Steven_M
32,267 Posts
MYOB Moderator
New Zealand
MYOB Moderator

32,267Posts

4,284Kudos

0Solutions

Re: How do I give feedback on STP processing in Myob

Hi @LAPlus 

Thank you for your feedback in regards to payroll reporting in AccountRight.

Single Touch Payroll (STP) is designed to report the pay information of your employees each time you run your payroll and pay your employees. It will send the year-to-date information to the ATO. 

MYOB STP/payroll reporting solutions follow the principle and report the pays at the time of processing within your software.  As it is reporting year-to-date information, as per the ATO guidelines, if you make a mistake and need to redo it or you make the correction next pay (within the same payroll year) the correct information is sent through to the ATO.

You may also want to review the ATO document: Single Touch Payroll employer reporting
guidelines that talks about what your obligation are and the way data should be reported. However, in saying that, I have shared your feedback with the required team,

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Didn't find your answer here?
Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post