JobKeeper extension 1 not Reflected to ATO

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
Chonie92
Contributing Cover User
6 Posts
Contributing Cover User
Contributing Cover User

6Posts

8Kudos

1Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

JobKeeper extension 1 not Reflected to ATO

When going to submit my declaration for October (JobKeeper extension 1) the 10 employees that are eligible and have been receiving JobKeeper from the start are now listed as 'not claiming yet' in addition there is another 7 in-eligible employees who now have a warning applied asking for allocation of Tier. 

My JobKeeper summary and FN codes are correct through MYOB Payroll Reporting though.

I called the ATO who now advise that they have end dates applied to my eligible employees of FN6 & FN13 which are not reflected in MYOB and they have instructed me to run another pay run with the FN Codes (as we did before MYOB created the JobKeeper Portal) however I am concerned that I will be 'overclaiming' for JobKeeper Payments already received.

ATO sent me back to MYOB however my MYOB data is correct! Should I process payroll for all eligible employees again commencing FN01 as we did when this all began or leave it until MYOB or the ATO provide a work around. ATO also asked me to include in this post that if MYOB find a Work Around to notify their users.

Please advise what I should do from here (please do not direct me back to the ATO):- a) reprocess a payslip with current jobkeeper start date or b) re-process pay slip for start date of JK extension 1

5 REPLIES 5
Tracey_H
MYOB Moderator
7,048 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

7,048Posts

934Kudos

1,146Solutions

Re: JobKeeper 2.0 not Reflected to ATO

Hi @Chonie92 

Thanks for your post. Can I please confirm that you did notify the ATO of the applicable tiers for your employees in the JobKeeper payments tab?

Can I also get you to send me a couple of examples of the Summary of payments report for your employees,  showing the JobKeeper notifications. You can find the Summary of payments report in the Payroll reporting centre>>EOFY finalisation tab>>click on the ellipsis (...) button for an employee and select download report. Please make sure you remove any sensitive information prior to posting on the forum.

With regards to the ATO business portal asking for tiers for ineligible employees, can you please check the Summary of payments report for those employees and make sure there are no start notifications for those employees. If your MYOB reports are correct, you will need to check with the ATO why they are asking for tiers for ineligible employees.

Please let me know how you go.

Cheers,
Tracey
Previously @bungy15

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Chonie92
Contributing Cover User
6 Posts
Contributing Cover User
Contributing Cover User

6Posts

8Kudos

1Solutions

Applicable tiers were notified and all JK payments and lodgements for Stage 1 were effective. There has been no changes.

The employees that are missing Tiers were never eligible nor were the ATO notified that they were to be included in JK payments.

Payment Summaries are coming up with

Allowance - Other (JOBKEEPER-START-FN06) $0.00
Allowance - Other (JOBKEEPER-START-FN01) $0.00
Allowance - Other (JOBKEEPER-FINISH-FN06) $0.00
Allowance - Other (JK-TIER1) $0.00
Allowance - Other (JOBKEEPER-FINISH-FN13) $0.00
Allowance - Other (JOBKEEPER-START-FN13) $0.00

It seems that the system has inserted a FN06 (EOFY) and FN13 (Stage 1 JK End) finish date.

Please advise if I am to process a pay run for elibile employees and redo the FN01 (or applicable fortnight) start date

Tracey_H
MYOB Moderator
7,048 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

7,048Posts

934Kudos

1,146Solutions

Hi @Chonie92 

With regard to the START and FINISH FNxx codes in your report, a matching start and finish fortnight cancel each other out. As such, both FN06 and FN13 notifications have been cancelled so the only notifications are START-FN01 and JK-TIER1, which I believe is correct. A side note when it comes to fortnight notifications is that the ATO only allow you to use each START-FNxx and FINISH-FNxx once. So you wouldn't be able to re-notify START-FN01 if you did need to re-notify the start fortnight.

But back to the issue of your employee information being incorrect in the business portal. We are receiving reports from other users that the ATO business portal is showing the incorrect tier information and requesting tiers for ineligible employees. 

At this stage this does appear to be an issue on the ATO side. To confirm that your software is sending the correct information, please complete the following:

1. process a $0 pay for the problem employee(s) with payment date as today
  2. wait until that report has the status accepted in the Reports tab
  3. click on the ellipsis (...) button and select Download report
  4. check the fortnight and tier notifications on that report

If the fortnight and tier notifications are correct then your software is sending the correct information to the ATO. 

It might also be worth re-notifying the employee tiers in the JobKeeper payments tab and see if that refreshes the business portal. If ineligible employees have never been reported through your software there isn't anything that I can advise to fix that on the ATO side.

I do understand that you are frustrated and don't want me to advise you to go back to the ATO but, unfortunately, if your software is sending the correct information there isn't anything else I can tell you at this stage. 

Please do let me know how you go with this.

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

Cheers,
Tracey
Previously @bungy15

MYOB Community Support

Did my answer help?

Chonie92
Contributing Cover User
6 Posts
Contributing Cover User
Contributing Cover User

6Posts

8Kudos

1Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved

UPDATE: ATO Response and Work around

Short answer - you need to call the ATO and request an escalation for the STP team to call you to manually correct the errors.

ATO have confirmed that the information MYOB is sending them is what is glitching and have had reports that the software has been sending clients full employee list (ie, only 50 JK and MYOB sent through over 1000 employees for JK even though the JobKeeper Portal & Summary were correct with only 50).

The information I received was:-

For every employee being claimed for JK sent from the STP software to the ATO they need to see a start date code (FN etc) and the Tier Code (JK-Tier etc) and if they are a top up employee then they need the Top Up Code.

If the employee finishes mid way they have a JK Finish Code.

The ATO expect to see only one of these codes for each employee and if you have amended your codes (adding or removing) over time this is what is causing the Glitch. I discussed the error that I and many others had of adding an end date and the MYOB work around which fixed this issue but they said it has now caused another due to the numerous start and end dates which are causing this issue.

This explains the issues with the 'not claiming yet' and 'Tiers' not being correct. There is no work around call the ATO.

I was told that this will continue being a problem until the MYOB data is corrected (STP Pay Event).

The second issue of 'random' employees whom are now on the ATO JK list (my software sent 2 employees who finished up with us in March - no where near the JK start) can only be put down to the information MYOB is sending the ATO. I ran a YTD report and there was not even an FN start Code on these employees but now the ATO are saying they will remain there until the STP software advise them on an end date. It has only been OCTOBER JK month where (terminated & current ineligible) employees without any FN reference have now been added to my JK list. 

FYI this is going to happen next month until such time as the STP reporting sent to the ATO is corrected.

I trust that MYOB will look into this otherwise I will need to call the ATO each month to manually enter my JK declaration.

Just passing on the information I received, Good Luck all

Tracey_H
MYOB Moderator
7,048 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

7,048Posts

934Kudos

1,146Solutions

Hi @Chonie92 

Thanks for that information. I have sent you a private message which you can access by clicking on your avatar in the top right corner and select the envelope icon. Please do reply to my private message.

Cheers,
Tracey
Previously @bungy15

MYOB Community Support

Did my answer help?

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post