Australia
SMM
Experienced Cover User

47Posts

10Kudos

0Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

MYOB Account Edge STP

Is MYOB Account Edge pro now STP compliant?
11 REPLIES 11
MYOB Moderator Steven_M
29,819 Posts
MYOB Moderator
New Zealand
Steven_M
MYOB Moderator

29819Posts

3651Kudos

4377Solutions

Re: MYOB Account Edge STP

Hi @SMM 

Currently, the latest version of AccountEdge 17.5 is not STP compliant. We are actively working on AccountEdge v18, which will be our STP compliant version, we are currently in the final stages of development and should be released to clients this month - no official ETA at this stage, however, we understand the importance of getting this out to market, especially with the deferral being up at the end of this month.

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Experienced Cover User SMM
47 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
SMM
Experienced Cover User

47Posts

10Kudos

0Solutions

Thanks Steven, I'm getting a bit nervous about this. It's getting very close to the new fin year.
Super User Elizabeth_Adamson
526 Posts
Super User
Australia
Elizabeth_Adamson

526Posts

216Kudos

24Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved Solution

I'm not sure how many employees you have but the below is on the ATO website:

Employers with 5-19 employees (small employers)

The parliament has passed legislation to extend STP to include all employers from 1 July 2019.

This will be a gradual start, and not all employers will start reporting at the same time.

Determine when you need to start reporting from one of the following options.

Start reporting early. If you use payroll software which offers STP, you can update your product and start reporting any time. Talk to your software provider, or visit their website, to find out what you need to do. See our checklist for some important steps you need to take to connect your software to the ATO.

Start reporting any time from 1 July – 30 September 2019. See How to report to find out about STP solutions.

Apply for more time to get ready. If you won't be ready to start reporting by 30 September 2019, use our online form to apply for a deferred start date. The form will be available from April 2019.

Ask us for an exemption if you meet the criteria. If you live in an area with intermittent or no internet connection, you can use our online tool to apply for an exemption. This will be available from April 2019.

Employers with 1-4 employees (micro employers)

If you have four or less employees (micro employer) and you don't currently use payroll software, there will be other ways to report STP information.

We have asked software developers to build no-cost and low-cost STP solutions for micro employers – including simple payroll software, mobile phone apps and portals.

We have published a list of the companies intending to offer these solutions.

You will also have the option for your registered tax or BAS agent to report your STP information quarterly, rather than each time you run payroll. This option will be available until 30 June 2021.

Super User sholt73
830 Posts
Super User
Australia
sholt73
Super User

830Posts

520Kudos

35Solutions

47 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
SMM
Experienced Cover User

47Posts

10Kudos

0Solutions

Thanks for this information.
47 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
SMM
Experienced Cover User

47Posts

10Kudos

0Solutions

Thank you!
Ultimate Partner The_Doc
879 Posts
Ultimate Partner
Australia
The_Doc
Ultimate Partner

879Posts

145Kudos

120Solutions

Hi @Elizabeth_Adamson 

Good info - hmm wondered about ATO - can you give a link to this - I have 1 or 2 clients etting themselves and in a lather about 1 Jul 19 - me not so.

Also an email popped up lastnight at about 0130 - from FGD FGH Tables <admin@fghtables.com> they now have a solution for those that cannot or donot want to change from the old platform - STP from V19 and AE 18 - worth looking at.

The Doc

Super User Elizabeth_Adamson
526 Posts
Super User
Australia
Elizabeth_Adamson

526Posts

216Kudos

24Solutions

Hi  @The_Doc 

The ATO link is: 

https://www.ato.gov.au/Business/Single-Touch-Payroll/About-Single-Touch-Payroll/

The ATO won't penalise for at least the first year and keep saying DON'T PANIC. And thanks, yes I am on the mailing list for the various third party options for ATO & STP compliance. I use their products regularly to keep costs down for my clients.

Cheers

Liz

MYOB Moderator Hayden_B
5,985 Posts
MYOB Moderator
Australia
Hayden_B
MYOB Moderator

5985Posts

953Kudos

845Solutions

Hi @SMM @sholt73 @The_Doc @Elizabeth_Adamson 

Giving you all a heads up in case you haven't seen the notifications yet, the STP ready AccountEdge release is now available in my.MYOB.

For some links on installing and upgrading and how to set up STP, check out my announcement post: Single Touch Payroll (STP) and MYOB AccountEdge

Cheers,

Hayden
MYOB Product Analyst

Helpful links:

Product Ideas: AccountRight | Essentials | MYOB Capture | MYOB Invoices
Support Links: Support Notes | Forum Search | Status Page

Didn't find your answer here?
Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post