Australia
RenaeS
Cover User

4Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

Mistakes & STP

Hi.   Feeling like an absolute rookie with STP.  Probably a very basic question but feel I just need clarification.

Have processed the first pay run for the year.  Did not report anything to the ATO.  An amendment was made to 1 employees pay and now I have seen there are 2 different STP pay run reports sititng in the reporting centre ready to be reported to the ATO.  Adding the nets of these 2 reports does not agree to my total net for the pay run. Is this correct?  Does the second report simply override that employees figures that will be reported once I lodge the first report. 

3 REPLIES 3
Ultimate Partner BooksInTheCloud
1,268 Posts
Ultimate Partner
Australia
BooksInTheCloud
Ultimate Partner

1728Posts

1498Kudos

183Solutions

Re: Mistakes & STP

Hi @RenaeS 

If you have made an amendment the declare via STP,  the ATO will take the Year to Date (YTD) figures of the last payroll event/activity you reported through STP. 

Does that make sense to you let me know if you have any other queries 

PS:  Love your name and the spelling Smiley LOL

If I am responding to your query and I have helped you please kindly mark my post as a solution to assist others in the future.
Warm Regards
Renae

@renae2peas
RenaeS
4 Posts
Cover User
Australia
RenaeS
Cover User

4Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Thanks Renae....not many of us spell it like this  

Ok so I need to report the 1st pay run to the ATO firstly as this includes all employees, and then report the 2nd one later on?  I note the 2nd report only includes the employee that we amended and no one else.  From what you have said, the ATO will take this last report's figures for that employee.   If by chance we reported these to the ATO in the wrong order then theyd be talking the wrong figures for that employee.  So correct order is paramount? 

Ultimate Partner BooksInTheCloud
1,268 Posts
Ultimate Partner
Australia
BooksInTheCloud
Ultimate Partner

1728Posts

1498Kudos

183Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved Solution

Hi @RenaeS 

Yes, correct the ATO will take the last YTD figure reported for each individual employee.  If there is only one change on the 2nd lodgement (the amendment) ATO will only update the one employee.   Not sure if the correct order is paramount however to be safe I would recommend uploading them in the correct order.   I would also recommend uploading to STP when you get notification within the payroll module (once you click record).   This way nothing is ever missed. 

If I am responding to your query and I have helped you please kindly mark my post as a solution to assist others in the future.
Warm Regards
Renae

@renae2peas
Didn't find your answer here?
Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post