Partner Zone

Moving to AccountRight 2017.2

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
Madea
Experienced Cover User
27 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

27Posts

2Kudos

1Solutions

Moving to AccountRight 2017.2

We are using Accountright 19.14 and are looking at moving to 2017.2 in the very near future to meet STP obligations.  (we don't use the multicurrency, negative inventory, category functionality in Accountright classic, so should be able to convert over).

I phoned MYOB yesterday to address a few concerns but the person I spoke to was unsure about a few of my questions and kept on having to ask someone else.  I thought I would try my luck here and see if anyone knows / can confirm what I was told yesterday, Plus after reading this thread I have a lot of other questions.

Cloud based / Online vs offline file

1.  My understanding is that the online / cloud based version of AccountRight 2017.2 is a data storage solution only.  All processing is done on our own servers and not on the cloud.  Can someone please confirm this is correct.

2.  Is the cloud an Australian Domiciled cloud based file?

3.  Will STP require us to choose the cloud based / online option?  or will STP be compatable with selecting the offline file option?  (We are a medium sized company with our own finance department, our finance staff can remote desktop in from home if need be.  From what I can gather working online will not give us any advantages unless STP madates we need to select this option). 

4.  Are there any performance differences (ie time wise) between using the cloud based / online option vs the offline option.  We actually converted to the new Accountright a few years ago when Superstream came in, but found it too slow to use.  We ended up going back to Account Right classic, restoring to a backup and rekeying data and have been using the super portal to pay super.

Pay Super

I read in the 2017.2 support notes earlier today that authorisation of super requires the person authorisation the payment to login in and they will be sent an authorisation code via SMS.

1.  How many people need to authorise super?

2.  Can we grant someone access to authorise super only, without giving them full MYOB access?

3 REPLIES 3
Haydes
MYOB Product Team
6,317 Posts
MYOB Product Team
Australia
MYOB Product Team

6,317Posts

1,101Kudos

903Solutions

Re: Single Touch Payroll (STP)

Hi @Madea,

Thank you for reaching out, to answer your queries:

1. AccountRight 2017 is considered "Online Enabled" in the sense where it is able to connect to our Online Services which includes being able to store your datafile on our Cloud server. This is only storing your AccountRight data online and all processing is entered via the Software that's installed on the relevant workstation. To see what Online Services are offered in the latest software, see our Online help article: AccountRight online services (click here)

2. Our Australian Client's data is kept in a Cloud Facility in Sydney. 

3. The Single Touch Payroll feature will be able to be used whether your datafile is kept on our Cloud Server or hosted on your own environment. So long as it has a connection via the Internet, it will function to work. Watch this space, as we get more information on this we will keep you updated.

4. There are some differences in performances as the software has been redesigned to handle the new services and be able to take on new online tasks, there are a number of variables in play when it comes to the performance of the software and we have a majority of our Clients report adequate performance, though we do have some that do encounter some issues. We have an Online Article that goes through the Speed and Performance tips to go through the different scenarios on what the cause could be, you can find that here: Speed and performance tips (click here)

If you have any other questions in regards to this, please feel free to send me a Private Message with your contact details so I can arrange for someone to get in touch.

You can send me a Private Message by clicking onto my Avatar and then clicking onto "Send Message" on the next page.

Cheers,
Hayden

MYOB Social Support

Cheers,
Hayden
MYOB Product Team

Currently Working On:
Supplier Feeds | E-invoicing
In Tray
Previously Worked On:
MYOB Capture App | MYOB Invoices app
MYOB Support (2015-2019)

Madea
Experienced Cover User
27 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

27Posts

2Kudos

1Solutions

@Haydes

Thanks for your prompt reply.  I'll have a look at the links you've suggested.                   

Madea
Experienced Cover User
27 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

27Posts

2Kudos

1Solutions

bump.

Can anyone answer my super questions in the above post?

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post