Payroll errors can no longer be deleted.

John_Dunn
Partner
3 Posts
Partner
Australia
Partner

3Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Re: Payroll errors can no longer be deleted.

How frustrating this is. For example I have a NFP client that tracks grant aquittals using jobs in payroll which is set up in standard pay to use the correct job. When they realised funds were overspent they needed to reallocate payroll back to Oct 1st 2020. This should mean editing each pay and just changing the job number. But now they will need to reverse and redo and resubmit to ATO ever pay, and their job reports will have entries all over the place! Come on MYOB, we need to be able to delete pays and or edit pays

regards

John

H-TS
Trusted User
232 Posts
Trusted User
Trusted User

232Posts

110Kudos

2Solutions

Yep. Total nightmare. And if you find a mistake down the track it's so hard to remember if you already fixed it or not. I understand the why but not the way it's been implemented.

Maybe a similar thing could be set up, so that if you delete a pay, it still sends the update to STP as part of the deletion process. THAT would be a win-win in in my books.

New setup is making my myob files more messy, not tidier.

Not to mention that time I almost included both payments in the bank file and almost double paid the employee...

I think I've processed more journal entries to allocate wages to different jobs since this update than in my entire working career. Fortunately, I only need the dollar figures in my job reports so this is an option for me. If I needed the hours... that would be a different matter.

bissells
2 Posts
Cover User
Australia
Cover User

2Posts

4Kudos

0Solutions

I agree this is extremely frustrating!!! When you delete a payroll and re-enter, it would send updated YTD to the ATO! On top of that you do not have the option to reverse the payroll transaction, when you click delete it errors and states you must reverse only. NO option to reverse! Only work around I have found is to go into preferences- security and select transactions must be reveresed not deleted. Then refresh everything and you can then reverse the transaction. You then have to change your settings again as we normally allow for deleting transactions. Such a long process and its also not helpful to see if you fixed an error etc as it still shows there. Please fix back to old way on next update!

Goodo1
Experienced User
12 Posts
Experienced User
Experienced User

12Posts

4Kudos

0Solutions

I agree with what everyone on this thread has said.  This change has made things very difficult.  The other problem is that the reversal appears on the bank reconciliation page as well and if you only do a client's books once a quarter we have to spend time figuring out why items are appearing on the bank reconciliation that do not appear on the bank statement or bank feeds. 

Watco
4 Posts
Cover User
Australia
Cover User

4Posts

3Kudos

0Solutions

I would highly suggest fixing this ASAP - this is the most rediculious decision i have seen a software company make and totally impractrical.

You will not only be losing customers, but bookeepers/accountants that push your program onto their client base.

Carey28
1 Post
User

1Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Thank you 

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post