Contributing Cover User
Australia
mariecc
Contributing Cover User

12Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Payslips

Could someone please advise how I can correct a payslip that has already been sent to the ATO through single touch payroll. The actual amount on the payslip was correct but I overpaid him so the bank statement amount doesn't match the sent payslip, so I figured the only way to fix this was to alter the sent payslip to match.

Also 3 payslips that I have sent are nowhere to be found when I try to match them with my bank feed. They have been processed and sent to the ato but when I hit "find' in  bank feeds to match the transaction they don't show up. The dates and amounts are all correct and have all been processed the same way as every other payslip over the last 7 months since starting STP. Hope someone can help.

5 REPLIES 5
Ultimate Partner Geoff_
1,720 Posts
Ultimate Partner
Australia
Geoff_
Ultimate Partner

1720Posts

370Kudos

180Solutions

Re: Payslips

Hi @mariecc

And it is all meant to be easier?

If it were me I would be trying to reverse the entries and then resub them

Geoff
Busselton Bookkeeping Service
MYOB Bookkeeping Partner, BAS Service Provider
Phone 08 9754 7680
MYOB Moderator Hayden_B
5,586 Posts
MYOB Moderator
Australia
Hayden_B
MYOB Moderator

5586Posts

839Kudos

786Solutions

Hi @mariecc

STP is designed to handle mistakes easily, effectively even if you make mistakes every day for an entire year, so long as you adjust it and send the last pays to the ATO with corrected information then the entire year will be correct.

So the main focus is how to fix the current problem of the overpayment directly then worry about STP later. There are different ways people handle this and you can use @Geoff_'s advice of reverse and re-do to make it match your accounts and send the updated information.

The other way to handle this can be found on this support note: Fixing a payroll overpayment or underpayment

Once you've handled it either by reversing and re-doing to make it match or by creating a second pay to match it, so long as you declare those pays your STP reports will be correct as the ATO will be focusing on the end YTD amounts only and won't care so much on the individual pay reports.

I wrote a post on this a little bit ago to explain this in a little more detail: Correcting mistakes with Single Touch Payroll

Let us know if you have any questions on this.

Contributing Cover User mariecc
12 Posts
Contributing Cover User
Australia
mariecc
Contributing Cover User

12Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Hi Hayden, 

Thanks for your last solution but I have stuffed up again and am not sure how to fix it.

I sent my usual weekly  payroll report to the ATO for the week 21/01/19 to 27/01/19.

I realised I made an error after a couple of days and went through and fixed the one payslip and sent through the report. I don't know why but it sent all 3 payslips again! So now i have 2 reports for the same periodthrowing out all the figures, basically adding another weeks wage that they haven't earned. So every report after that has the wrong figures for the earnings they have made for the finacial year.

I have talked to the ATO about this but they can't reject or cancel the doubled report.

Can you help?

regards

Marie

MYOB Moderator Hayden_B
5,586 Posts
MYOB Moderator
Australia
Hayden_B
MYOB Moderator

5586Posts

839Kudos

786Solutions

Hi @mariecc

When it comes to Payroll reporting errors, the first thing we need to focus on is if the figures are correct in the software. With each Pay Event sent, it over-writes the details from the previous one.

So if you have 3 reports for the same pay period, but the LATEST one was a correction and the figures were correct after the latest one sent then you do not need to do anything. As the ATO will use the latest figures and not worry about any other reports that were incorrect.

Unfortunately you currently cannot hide or delete any reports in the Payroll Reporting Centre, however if your Payroll Data in the software is correct as of your last declared Pay. Then nothing needs to be done.

If it's currently incorrect you have 2 options:

1. Delete/Reverse and make the adjustment again, then declare the correction.

2. Wait until your next Payday and that will then over-write the YTD figures with the ATO.

Note that the ATO only look into YTD figures from the last report. Theoretically you could even report wrong for an entire year but so long as the last report of that year is correct, then the ATO will have the correct YTD figures.

MYOB Moderator Hayden_B
5,586 Posts
MYOB Moderator
Australia
Hayden_B
MYOB Moderator

5586Posts

839Kudos

786Solutions

Hi @mariecc

Just checking in, have you been able to resolve this or do you still have any questions on this topic.

Didn't find your answer here?
Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post