9 Posts
Contributing User
Contributing User

9Posts

1Kudos

1Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

Re: EOY Payroll not balancing to ATO.

We are having the same problem with the YTD reports sent to the ATO via STP not matching with either the Payroll Activity Report or the Payroll Register Report. The difference relates to one payment to one employee - pay in lieu of notice. The pay category was allocated as ETP Taxable Component, which is not being picked up in YTD totals in the ATO reports. I have spoken with MYOB via online chat and was advised to make a VOID payment. I made the employee active again and ran the VOID payment. The pay in lieu of notice is still not picked up and now the YTD annual leave and sick leave payments have been omitted. from both the ATO report and the YTD Payroll Register Report. The Payroll Register Report is still correct. I have obviously messed somethiing up manually but am stumped. What can I do?

12 REPLIES 12
Highlighted
Experienced Cover User
17 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

17Posts

2Kudos

0Solutions

@Jacqui2 

I think you might have to start a new thread as mine got sorted out and I clicked the Solution button so I think maybe the moderators won't notice your post
Can't say for sure. Will try anf unclick the solution button so that your post appears

BTW - I had to log right out and log back in after I did the Void thing. It's like it updated at the ATO once I went off line and logged back in.

Highlighted
Contributing User
9 Posts
Contributing User
Contributing User

9Posts

1Kudos

1Solutions

Thanks Chris, will do.

Highlighted
Contributing User
9 Posts
Contributing User
Contributing User

9Posts

1Kudos

1Solutions

EOFY ATO report not agreeing with MYOB payroll

We are similar problems with the EOFY ATO report not matching with either the Payroll Activity Report or the Payroll Register Report. The difference relates to one payment to one employee - pay in lieu of notice. The pay category was allocated as ETP Taxable Component, which is not being picked up in YTD totals in the ATO reports. I have spoken with MYOB via online chat and was advised to make a VOID payment. I made the employee active again and ran the VOID payment. The pay in lieu of notice is still not picked up and now the YTD annual leave and sick leave payments have been omitted. from both the ATO report and the YTD Payroll Register Report. The Payroll Activity Report is still correct. I have obviously messed something up manually but am stumped. What can I do?

Highlighted
MYOB Moderator
237 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

237Posts

21Kudos

28Solutions

Hello @Jacqui2 

I understand that your Payroll Activity and your Payroll Register summaries match, but the discrepancy lies between these two reports vs. the YTD Verification Report. I can see that your ATO Reporting Category is properly assigned as ETP Taxable, and that running a $0 pay did not resolve the issue.

First, click 'Exempt' in your Pay in Lieu of Notice category. Double check that PAYG Witholding is not ticked in error. If it is, untick and click OK. Activate the employee and process $0 pay.

If PAYG Witholding was not ticked, let's try to narrow down the source of the issue from a different direction. Two points to consider so that we can determine how best to troubleshoot:

1. Please see this Help Article: Terminate an Employee in STP to double check that all steps were followed correctly. Conversely, was this employee's final pay recorded prior to setting up STP? The YTD Verification Report will show all figures that have already been sent to the ATO but if the employee was terminated before STP was set up, any final payments would not have been picked up, as the employee received no subsequent pays to nudge STP to recognise former pays. 

2. Was this employee salaried or hourly? There have been instances of hourly ETP payments not appearing in the YTD Verification Report. 

Let me know how the above two points apply to your situation and we can go from there.

Kind regards,
Emily Bisbach

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Highlighted
Contributing User
9 Posts
Contributing User
Contributing User

9Posts

1Kudos

1Solutions

Hi Emily

Thanks for getting back to me. I can confirm that the PAYG Witholding is not ticked for the Pay in Lieu of Notice.

I went to the second option in your next step as it seemd the most likely. While the employee was paid a salary, leave payments were made as hourly payments as was the Pay in Lieu of Notice. The former, being Gross Wages, had been picked up correctly (although see below) while the ETP Taxable COmponent hadn't.

I introduced a manual mistake by running a void pay run for the employee concerned today after an online chat with MYOB. I have lost the annual and sick leave payments we made up to the employee's termination from the Payroll Register report (and the EOY ATO report) - they are still in the Payroll Activity Report. How can I rectify this?

Highlighted
Contributing User
9 Posts
Contributing User
Contributing User

9Posts

1Kudos

1Solutions

One more thing, which I missed from you rlist. The final payment was made after we had set up STP.

Highlighted
MYOB Moderator
237 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

237Posts

21Kudos

28Solutions

Hello @Jacqui2 

I have found some posts from EOFY 2019 indicating that if the ETP has been set up as hourly it will not show on YTD reports. This post advised that to work around this you can prepare a payment summary, as before STP, and submit to the ATO.  This will include the information needed for ETP. 

Please see the help article Finalising payroll for employees terminated before using STP for steps on how to do this. If you need help on any prior steps the article see Processing a final pay and prepare payment summaries

Alternatively, one user found a workaround to this issue by following these steps: 

• Create a new 'ETP - Salary' Payroll Category
  • Reactivate the employee in question
  • Run a payroll for that employee, entering the missing $ value in ETP - Salary. Everything else is set to zero.
  • Process and send to ATO
  • Delete the payroll so that MYOB dosen't double the ETP
  • Deactivate the employee

However, I would advise reading the full thread here and an additional thread here to see the context and determine whether the solution is applicable to the particulars of your situation. 

To be honest, I am not certain why the $0 pay you attempted would cause the annual and sick leave payments to disappear and I will need to look into it further, but I wanted to get the above posted asap for you. Could you attach a screenshot of your three reports: Payroll Activity, Payroll Register, and YTD Verification report, indicating where the annual and sick leave payments have disappeared? 

Kind regards,
Emily Bisbach

MYOB Community Support

Did my answer help?

Highlighted
Contributing User
9 Posts
Contributing User
Contributing User

9Posts

1Kudos

1Solutions

Hi Emily

Thanks for digging out the information on the hourly ETP. I will read your links and decide which action to take.

With respect to the missing leave payments, I suspect it will be user error when I had to reactivate the employee in question. I have attached a file with some extracts for your information relating to the individual concerned. I've left out identifying information, however can resend if you need more information. Hope this helps.

With regards,

Jacqui

Highlighted
MYOB Moderator
237 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

237Posts

21Kudos

28Solutions

Hi @Jacqui2 

When you reactivated the employee, is there any chance you inadvertantly changed something in the Pay History tab? Because it's the Payroll Register and the YTD figures which are not showing the holiday and sick pay, the Pay History tab is one of the first places to look, as this is where the Payroll Register and YTD report pulls its figures. Because your Payroll Activity report still shows holiday and sick pay, this suggests they still 'exist' in the software, as Payroll Activity pulls information from Process Payroll. 

I noticed on your attachment (thank you for sending that) that the Payroll Register detail after the VOID pay still shows the holiday/sick hours used, just not pay given on those hours. This is another reason I am wondering if something was edited in the Pay History tab. On the screenshot below for example, holiday and sick pay could have been set to "Fixed Hourly Rate of: $0." 

I will admit I'm not positive how a change in there could have occured simply from reactivating the employee, but it's worth checking that holiday and sick pay are reflecting your desired settings in the Pay History tab. 

Kind regards,
Emily Bisbach

MYOB Community Support

Did my answer help?

capture4.PNG

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post