3 Posts
User
User

3Posts

3Kudos

0Solutions

Re: End of payroll year with STP training

Hi

I would like to find out about any updates on how we can reconcile our payroll figures at the end of the payroll year using STP.  Do you know when that training will be available?

Thanks

6 REPLIES 6
Trusted Partner CarolineG
64 Posts
Trusted Partner
Australia
Trusted Partner

64Posts

30Kudos

0Solutions

@KimH6 wrote:

Hi

I would like to find out about any updates on how we can reconcile our payroll figures at the end of the payroll year using STP.  Do you know when that training will be available?

Thanks

Hi Kim. Feedback from MYOB moderator was as follows:

"Back in 2018, our initial plan was to develop the end of payroll STP process as a separate module for training. However, we have since incorporated a lot of that material into existing courses and training.

If you feel that you do require that assistance with end of the payroll year STP we do recommend taking a look at Help Article: End of year finalisation with Single Touch Payroll reporting. However, if you are more looking into a training option do feel free to send me a private message on the Forum with your serial number and best contact number so we can arrange for a discussion around what training would be suited for your needs."

Hope this helps. Smiley Happy

MYOB Moderator Steven_M
32,660 Posts
MYOB Moderator
New Zealand
MYOB Moderator

32,660Posts

4,358Kudos

0Solutions

Hi @KimH6 

Our Payroll and STP training course will go through the setup of payroll, paying your employees and end of period tasks including reconciling your pays. More information on what is covered and to book a course do see Payroll + STP

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

KimH6
3 Posts
User
User

3Posts

3Kudos

0Solutions

Hi Steve

I really can't get to any of the classroom courses.  Is there a webinar I could watch for the EOPY for STP?

Thanks

MYOB Moderator Steven_M
32,660 Posts
MYOB Moderator
New Zealand
MYOB Moderator

32,660Posts

4,358Kudos

0Solutions

Hi @KimH6 

We typically have webcasts available for end of financial/payroll year tasks for clients to go through the process. These tend to be made available in the latter half of June through various channels for example last year's one was uploaded to Help Article: Closing a payroll year

In terms of Payroll reporting, Help Article: End of year finalisation with Single Touch Payroll reporting does go through the process of what is required to finalise your Single Touch Payroll/Payroll reporting information.

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Did my answer help?

KimH6
3 Posts
User
User

3Posts

3Kudos

0Solutions

Hi Steve

Thanks for that.  Yes, I did see that article, but my concern is - Where is the reconciliation process prior to sending to the ATO?  I have always reconciled the payroll prior to processing the payment summaries in the past but I can't find a way to reconcile to the STP reporting.  I have been trying to reconciled from a Register Summary report to the EOFY Finalisation page information however there seems to be a lag in the EOFY Finalaisation page not picking up the last pay run.

Also, is there going to be a change to the way the Employee terminations and EOFY Finalaisation displays the employee names?  It would be much easier if the lists displayed in surname alphabetical order.

Thank you

MYOB Moderator Steven_M
32,660 Posts
MYOB Moderator
New Zealand
MYOB Moderator

32,660Posts

4,358Kudos

0Solutions

Hi @KimH6 

Typically you would complete the same reconciliation process with payroll reporting as you have done with payment summaries:

1. Compare the Payroll Register and the Payroll Activity reports
  2. Once those reports have balanced, compare that with the Payroll Reporting Center. If those values are different you would be looking at viewing the payroll reports for the last sent pay for the employee and compare that with of the Payroll Register Detail report.

In terms of updates to the Payroll Reporting Centre such as updating the sort order, to my knowledge, this is not currently we are looking at this stage with that feature. This may be something that is considered in the future, however, no immediate plans on that front at this stage.

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Did my answer help?

Didn't find your answer here?
Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post