34 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

34Posts

6Kudos

0Solutions

Reversing STP transactions after lodgement with ATO

I have entered a number of pays twice and would like instruction on how to reverse them. MYOB guru says it cannot be done. This defies logic so hoping someone with more experience than me can help.

We were also advised we were on an old version. Given it is a montly subscription, I fail to see why we would be on an old version?

Thank you

1 REPLY 1
Yanike_S
MYOB Moderator
1,112 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

1,112Posts

79Kudos

139Solutions

Re: Reversing STP transactions after lodgement with ATO

Hi @Rum 

Thanks for your post.

I assume you are using Essentials? We are in the process of upgrading all of our customers to an upgraded version. This is an automated process, spread out over a few months. The upgrade team started upgrading smaller files and now moving on to larger or more complicated files, such as files with payroll. As this is an automated process, we can't tell you when your file will be upgraded. As soon as our migration team is ready, you will receive an in-product notification and an email informing you of the process.

You will have to delete your pays in Essentials: Changing or deleting a pay

How to delete a pay after you have finalised STP information:

1. Undo the finalisation.
  2. Delete the pay as described in the above help article.
  3. Process a zero dollar pay pay for the employee (Payroll menu > Enter pay > remove all hours and amounts from the employee's pay).
  4. Complete the pay run as normal to submit the information to the ATO. No amounts are paid but this will submit the employee's updated year-to-date figures to the ATO.
  5. Finalise the employee again.

Let me know if you need any help on the way!

Kind regards,
Yanike

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post