Partner Zone
Partner Zone

STP Additional Employer Super ATO reporting category

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
Highlighted
Experienced Cover User LC00per
14 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
LC00per
Experienced Cover User

14Posts

1Kudos

0Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

STP Additional Employer Super ATO reporting category

Hi There,

I have two employees who we make additional employer super contributions for. These should come under RESC, however, this is not an option available on the drop down list - see below.

Have I set these categories up wrong or is there an issue with the ATO selection of reporting categories

Capture.JPG

10 REPLIES 10
MYOB Product Team Haydes
2,000 Posts
MYOB Product Team
Australia
Haydes
MYOB Product Team

6163Posts

999Kudos

877Solutions

Re: STP Additional Employer Super ATO reporting category

Hi @LC00per

In AccountRight 2018.2 you can set the ATO Reporting Category for Employer Additional to Reportable Employer Super Contributions (RESC)

This was not available in the AccountRight 2018.1 software as the design was still being built in that release. If you update to the latest software now, you should be able to set this category.

You can download 2018.2 by going to this support note: Getting the latest version

Please let us know if you have any troubles.

Cheers,

Hayden (Ex-Moderator)
MYOB Product Team
14 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
LC00per
Experienced Cover User

14Posts

1Kudos

0Solutions

Thanks Hayden,

But I AM using the 2018.2 update, and I cannot select the RESC category.Capture1.JPG

MYOB Product Team Haydes
2,000 Posts
MYOB Product Team
Australia
Haydes
MYOB Product Team

6163Posts

999Kudos

877Solutions

Hi @LC00per

That is quite strange, we should be seeing the same screens then. To confirm we are on the same build, could I ask you to post the Build Number?

You can find this in: Help > About MYOB AccountRight.

Note that RESC is only showing up if the Payroll Category is a Superannuation type category and NOT Employer Expenses.

Cheers,

Hayden (Ex-Moderator)
MYOB Product Team
14 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
LC00per
Experienced Cover User

14Posts

1Kudos

0Solutions

Hi Hayden,

The Build is 2018.2.20.8598

Whilst in the Wage Categories - it is listed as a Superannuation Category not an Expense Category.

Capture2.JPG

The first two on this list should be RESC, the top one 'Williamson' is defaulted to Super Guarantee and cannot be changed - no drop down available

Capture3.JPG

And the second one "Holmes" has the drop down available but no RESC as an option:

Capture.JPG

Not sure if it's the way these have been set up, or if there is a technical issue

Many thanks for your help.

MYOB Product Team Haydes
2,000 Posts
MYOB Product Team
Australia
Haydes
MYOB Product Team

6163Posts

999Kudos

877Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved Solution

Hi @LC00per

I now see the issue here (which I had previously missed in your first screenshot, that's my bad).

This all has to do with the Contribution Type of the Category as the ATO reporting Category rules do differ based on this. For Employer Additional Super, this has a Contribution Type of: Employer Additional (expense)

Once selected, you can choose Reportable Employer Super Contribution

As those 2 Categories have the Contribution Types of SGC (Superannuation Guarantee) & Productivity, these are not applicable for RESC.

Here is a GIF showing what I mean:

ato-reporting-super.gif

We do have a support note which does go through setting the relevant Contribution Type when setting up these kinds of Payroll Categories. You can view this here: Additional superannuation contributions

As the Blinky (That blue box of information) states, once a Contribution Type has been set and the Payroll Category has been saved, this does not allow you to change this.

As the STP services kick off in the new FY, it may be easier for you to continue with your current Payroll Category set up so that you can produce the Payroll Summaries unimpeded, and without doing a lot of corrective entries, but ensure you have the correct Payroll Category and used in the new FY.

My recommendation would be to set up the correct Payroll Category set with the ATO Reporting Category, but don't link them to the Employee's just yet, then just do a swap of the categories after you have completed the Empdupe file and begin rolling over to the new Payroll Year so that you begin STP with the corrected categories.

There will be no changes to the calculations so your Empdupe and Payment Summary's will not be affected.

Please let me know if you have any questions on this.

Cheers,

Hayden (Ex-Moderator)
MYOB Product Team
14 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
LC00per
Experienced Cover User

14Posts

1Kudos

0Solutions

Thanks so much Hayden, this makes sense  - greatly appreciated.

Experienced Cover User NicTis
10 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
NicTis
Experienced Cover User

10Posts

1Kudos

0Solutions

Hi Hayden

Sorry it's me again. 

How do I assign an ATO Reporting Category to our Superannuation Guarantee payroll catagory? Like the above mentioned, the box is grey with no drop down option available.

Thanks.

MYOB Product Team Haydes
2,000 Posts
MYOB Product Team
Australia
Haydes
MYOB Product Team

6163Posts

999Kudos

877Solutions

Hi @NicTis

The system is designed to pre-determine this ATO reporting category which is why it is grey and you should not need to do anything with this.

However if the Super category is coming up in Check Payroll Details, I have seen this issue fixed before using the same fixes in this Post I made: Error: PayrollCategory_InvalidStpCategory

Please let me know how you go.

Cheers,

Hayden (Ex-Moderator)
MYOB Product Team
Experienced Cover User NicTis
10 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
NicTis
Experienced Cover User

10Posts

1Kudos

0Solutions

Hi Hayden,

The reporting category is 'needs to be assigned'.

This happened previously and I recall you having to run something for me... will check that Post again 

Didn't find your answer here?
Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post