7 Posts
Contributing Cover User
Australia
Contributing Cover User

7Posts

9Kudos

0Solutions

STP EOFY Finalisation figures incorrect

I have gone to finalise the payroll for the year, and my figures (what was reported to ATO and what's on the activity summary report) are off to the hundreds of thousands compared to the summary on the STP!

I have gone week by week between STP reporting and MYOB, and the difference for the year is ~20K. 

There has to be something seriously wrong. I have checked all my payment categories and followed all other advice I could find on here - nothing fixes it - people's reported amounts are off by tens of thousands! Do I issue payment summaries this year? 

26 REPLIES 26
Contributing User tracyi
6 Posts
Contributing User
Contributing User

6Posts

4Kudos

0Solutions

Re: STP EOFY Finalisation figures incorrect

Same question here. 

As per checking, figures in the EOFY Finalisation is up to 3Q only. ATO seems to have the correct numbers just wondering why MYOB's is behind.

Experienced Cover User Murf
14 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Experienced Cover User

14Posts

4Kudos

0Solutions

Have you paid any allowances? - as I have just discovered that is what mine is out by. It doesn't seem to have reported to the ATO despite selecting the Allowance category in the ATO reporting options?

Experienced Cover User Murf
14 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Experienced Cover User

14Posts

4Kudos

0Solutions

Sorry - I am incorrect. It does report to the ATO - it shows separately at the bottom of the verification report so this is probably no help to you.

Contributing Cover User sk_1011
7 Posts
Contributing Cover User
Australia
Contributing Cover User

7Posts

9Kudos

0Solutions

the allowances are all correctly reported - in any case the total of allowances isn't 1/3 of the annual wages...

MYOB Moderator Steven_M
32,267 Posts
MYOB Moderator
New Zealand
MYOB Moderator

32,267Posts

4,284Kudos

0Solutions

Hi @sk_1011 

You mentioned that you are using the Payroll Activity Detail, I would recommend checking to see if that report balances with the Payroll Register Detail report. MYOB will report YTD (Year to date) information from the employee's cards - which is what Prepare Payment Summaries do as well.

If those reports do match, then I would be going back to the Single Touch Payroll reports for your employees and reviewing them against the associated pays. This will give you a breakdown of what has occurred for each pay so you can review the associated ATO reporting categories to ensure that these are set up correctly to filter down to the employees pay in the Payroll reporting centre

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Experienced Cover User Webb1
43 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

43Posts

10Kudos

0Solutions

Hi

I have the same problem I posted earlier today but no one has got back to me.  The reported amount that has been accepted by the ATO in previous weekly payruns is the same as my Payroll Summary but it doesn't show up on the Finalisation report in the reporting hub.  The ATO has accepted these prior reports and still it is wrong.

Also I tried doing a 0 payrun for all the people that are affected 17 in all and still nothing changes.  I don't get it the ATO has the right information it just doesn't show in the finalisation report.

Anyone have any ideas

Thanks

Lisa

Allanna
4 Posts
Cover User
Australia
Cover User

4Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Some Employees information have not been transferred to ATO and is missing off the ATO schedule - not sure whats happened hence figures dont match.

Trusted Partner Melinda_vanDyk
29 Posts
Trusted Partner
Australia
Trusted Partner

29Posts

28Kudos

0Solutions

Hi @Steven_M , I am not sure where you have seen reference to the Payroll Activity Detail report in this particular thread, but I have suggested using this report to a few people today to see if there are any payroll categories that they can identify as throwing balances out. I did this to find that there was a problem with the Holiday Leave Loading payroll category set up - even though it was "reporting" as gross payments, because it was ticked as exempt from PAYG in the background, it was not being included in the reported totals. By running the Payroll Activity Detail report I was easily able to spot this for individual employees.  All other reports (Payroll Activity Summary, Payroll Register and Payroll Summary) matched perfectly and gave no clues at all . Just my two cents worth Smiley Happy

Melinda van Dyk
DIRECTOR
MproV Pty Ltd

Adelaide SA
E: melinda@mprov.com.au
P: 0413 159 791
F: 08 8125 6748
MYOB Certified Consultant

Contributing Cover User sk_1011
7 Posts
Contributing Cover User
Australia
Contributing Cover User

7Posts

9Kudos

0Solutions

@Steven_M wrote:

Hi @sk_1011 

You mentioned that you are using the Payroll Activity Detail, I would recommend checking to see if that report balances with the Payroll Register Detail report. MYOB will report YTD (Year to date) information from the employee's cards - which is what Prepare Payment Summaries do as well.

If those reports do match, then I would be going back to the Single Touch Payroll reports for your employees and reviewing them against the associated pays. This will give you a breakdown of what has occurred for each pay so you can review the associated ATO reporting categories to ensure that these are set up correctly to filter down to the employees pay in the Payroll reporting centre

Hello @Steven_M , thank you for your reply.

Payroll register and Payroll activity reports match, however in the STP finalisations the totals are out by 600K gross and 160K PAYG. (beging about a quarter of annual wages). I have done week by week comparison already between STP figures and Payroll activity reports, giving me a difference of 23K. I have ensured all payroll categories are properly assigned. There are 52 payruns, so none of them are missing. All have been accepted by the ATO.

Didn't find your answer here?
Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post