95 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

95Posts

68Kudos

0Solutions

STP Finalisation error 1 employee ETP

HI, can someone from MYOB help please. Not sure if I have to call for a solution?

STP finalised for all employees bar 1.  Had a few issues getting to this point.  Pay summary and pay register always reconciled but had issues with three employees reonciling the YTD verification report.  Zero payrolls have fixed issues but no matter what I do, there is an issue with 1 employee and can't finalise that one.

In the payroll reporting centre employment terminations, I can see the employees ETP. BUT no matter what I do the values of the ETP are not showing on the YTD verification.

I was sure  read others had issues with a few employees and MYOB had to fix from back end. Is this correct, If so, what is the best way to give MYOB the detail of the error in STP that is not fixing itself.

thanks. 

8 REPLIES 8
Komal_S
MYOB Moderator
4,937 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

4,937Posts

476Kudos

757Solutions

Re: STP Finalisation error 1 employee ETP

Hi @MBLegADL 

If the ETP's are appearing correctly in the Terminations tab under Payroll Reporting Centre, please remove the termination, reverse and reprocess the final pay on a different date, terminate the employee again and let me know if those payments are then appearing correctly in the year-to-date (YTD) verification report. 

If they still don't appear correctly, send me your serial number and company file name by Private Message.

Kind regards,
Komal

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

MBLegADL
Experienced Cover User
95 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

95Posts

68Kudos

0Solutions

Thankyou very much for your response,

Will do shortly and get back to you.

cheers.

MBLegADL
Experienced Cover User
95 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

95Posts

68Kudos

0Solutions

Hi Komal,

I went through the steps you suggested, however the ytd verification report is still not showing the correct figures. (have also previously done similar and a zer o pay etc. however not correct).

I clicked on the private message button, i must be doing something wrong as that just takes me to a page with a large heading Private Message .. but I can't seem to send a message.  Clicked on your profile, clicked the send a message button there and also nothing?

Komal_S
MYOB Moderator
4,937 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

4,937Posts

476Kudos

757Solutions

Hi @MBLegADL 

I've enabled your private message access. Can you please try sending me the message again as it should work this time. 

Kind regards,
Komal

MYOB Community Support

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

MBLegADL
Experienced Cover User
95 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

95Posts

68Kudos

0Solutions

Since MYOB won't let me reply to your private message - here is my response. 

Komal - THAT IS EXACTLY WHAT I DID.  ALL I HAVE DONE IS FOLLOW YOUR INSTRUCTIONS TO THE LETTER. 

The reverse and reprocess last week was YOUR recommendation, it was done with a different date as per YOUR recommendaiton.

Hi  @MBLegADL 

If the ETP's are appearing correctly in the Terminations tab under Payroll Reporting Centre, please remove the termination, reverse and reprocess the final pay on a different date, terminate the employee again and let me know if those payments are then appearing correctly in the year-to-date (YTD) verification report. 

If they still don't appear correctly, send me your serial number and company file name by Private Message.

THIS MORNING WHEN I FINALLY GOT A RESPONSE, AGAIN FOLLOWED YOUR INSTRUCTIONS TO THE LETTER.

There were 2 negative ETPS, deleted as per YOUR instruction.

And the palava about getting a message through the myob file that you had fixed it - nah that didnt happen either.  A message in impacted files was not recieved - this just indicates to me you have done nothing..

From what I can see you actually havent looked and fixed the issue at all.  what have you done, a standard run script over but didnt seem to understand what the issue was.

Obviously your fix (whatever you did, if anything) was useless.  I'll just go and undo waht you told me to do, as it was ineffective and made the issue so much worse

So all you've done is make the situation much much worse.  AS i;m not the only one this has happened to, is this a MYOB fault ????

Steven_M
MYOB Moderator
42,419 Posts
MYOB Moderator
New Zealand
MYOB Moderator

42,419Posts

5,740Kudos

6,334Solutions

Hi @MBLegADL 

Private messages are able to be sent via selecting the user's username i.e. @Steven_M  and selecting Send Message. In your case, from what I can see there is nothing that would prevent you from sending that private message.

With regards to your payroll reporting and ETP situation, we have been made aware of an issue with payroll reporting and ETP. For these cases, we have passed on the situation to our product teams who have updated your Payroll reporting Centre and made some changes to help with that situation - I've included the process pay that we do recommend that users follow after this update to the Payroll Reporting Centre has occurred.

1) Go to the Payroll Reporting Centre>>Employment Terminations>>look for ETP's with negative amounts ( the fix that we have done should show the incorrect negative ETP amounts) and delete them. Notify the ATO. This should leave only the correct ETP transaction on the Terminations tab.
2) Once that is done, the ATO will be notified of the correct amounts.
3) Check if the reports are now displaying correctly.

As the process does need to be followed as above, changes to that process can lead to errors and as such we do recommend users do follow that above process. 

It should be noted that other users have been provided with the above process and it has worked for them. I understand that it hasn't worked as intended for you and I do apologise for that. Ideally, we do recommend reaching out to your phone-based teams if the above process hasn't worked for yourself so they can help diagnose the situation. In this case, you are welcome to send me a private message on this Forum with your product serial number and your best contact number so we can have one of the team reach out.

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

MBLegADL
Experienced Cover User
95 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

95Posts

68Kudos

0Solutions

thank you Steven,

MYOB told me I was past my allocation of 7  private messages ?? so - No i could not respond via private message.

Everything was done exactly as requested - reverse final pay,reprocess with a different date.  (this was also done previously as per stp instructions, zero payroll was doen for three effected employees. One is still incorrect. 

I deleted the 2 negative etp amounts. 

Now there are 2 positive etp amounts .. 

Steven_M
MYOB Moderator
42,419 Posts
MYOB Moderator
New Zealand
MYOB Moderator

42,419Posts

5,740Kudos

6,334Solutions

Hi @MBLegADL 

Typically, the message you are encountering is an intermitted error that we do see from time to time on this Forum. It normally resolves itself after a short period of time. So do try and send through that private message with your details at a later stage. Alternatively, some users have seen a change of browser aid that situation.

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post