Australia
AndyRedden
Contributing Cover User

8Posts

1Kudos

0Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

STP - Import/Export fail

Looking to set up STP and I see we have to have a Card Id for every employee in the system, including Terminated and Inactive emplyees that ever existed, frustrating...

With a larger employer that previously had no need for Card Id info, to create this detail I exported the 600 + employee cards, only the Card Id, Record Id and Surname were exported - updated  the Card Id field in Excel and Imported again - using Update Record option using the Record Id field and Auto Match the three fields - almost every card rejected the update stating there was an error (2603) in the Banking Details!! It appears only the cards set to Cheque Payment  will import, and >90% of the employees receive Electronic Payments.

Am I doing something wrong or this another MYOB quirk??

4 REPLIES
Sonya_brisbane
4 Posts
Cover User
Australia
Sonya_brisbane
Cover User

4Posts

4Kudos

1Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved Solution

Re: STP - Import/Export fail

i didnt read anywhere that all employees had to have card ID's  where did you read this or did I read it wrong, the information that came out says the Card ID isnt manditory and ignore the error

Contributing Cover User AndyRedden
8 Posts
Contributing Cover User
Australia
AndyRedden
Contributing Cover User

8Posts

1Kudos

0Solutions

Thanks Sonya,

I asumed because the error came up it had to be addressed, I haven't read through all the posts... So MYOB should not show it as an error, and the Import/Export still doesn't work but isn't required here.

MYOB Moderator MichellePV
7 Posts
MYOB Moderator
Australia
MichellePV
MYOB Moderator

7Posts

18Kudos

0Solutions

Hi @AndyRedden,

Card ID is a new requirement  the ATO needed for STP that has never been mandatory in AccountRight. We've been getting quite a bit of feedback about how much of a headache this is to populate, so in our next release (before 1 July) we are making some improvement to the way this works.

Inactive and terminated employees will no longer go through the payroll details check. This means you can safely ignore any employees that show up in this report that are inactive or terminated.

Card ID will NOT be mandatory for STP.  We will automatically assign an identifier to each employee, which means you can leave the Card ID blank.

These improvements will be out before the 1 July deadline. Nice work getting organised early!

Contributing Cover User AndyRedden
8 Posts
Contributing Cover User
Australia
AndyRedden
Contributing Cover User

8Posts

1Kudos

0Solutions

OK.. cheers.

This goes to show MYOB still don't prepare well enough for changes, the Import/export doesn't work properly, the Error Report shows that something as simple a Terminated/Inactive wasn't taken out just means the users are testing the software for MYOB and spending valuable hours in activities that should have been filtered out prior to use.

Thanks for the feedback, I need to get organised early as I have a dozen clients on MYOB.

Didn't find your answer here?
Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post