Contributing Cover User
Hoy_Bus
Contributing Cover User

7Posts

0Kudos

1Solutions

STP - Setting up ATO Reporting categories

Hello,

I am currently following the steps to set up STP and at the ATO reporting categories step.  When I clicked on "Payroll" - "Pay items", the only category listed was "Super Salary Sacrifice" under "Deductions". 

Is my page view missing payroll categories?  Under the "To assign ATO reporting categories" section of the guidance it says to "click the ellipses button for the pay item".  However the next section "Learn about the ATO reporting category types" lists "Gross Payments", "Reportable Employer Super Contributions" etc which do not appear to be listed on the "Pay Items" screen.  Therefore are the Gross Payment & Reportable Employer Super Contribution items already coded in the background somewhere or do I have to create them here?  (I would have thought all applicable mandatory fields used in prior payruns would appear here (if I needed to allocate an ATO reporting category?))

If I do need to create them, under the "create new earning" form, it would appear I will need to create a seperate standard earning for each employee who would be paid a different pay rate? 

Thanks in Advance

3 REPLIES 3
Super User sholt73
912 Posts
Super User
Australia
sholt73
Super User

917Posts

555Kudos

44Solutions

Re: STP - Setting up ATO Reporting categories

which myob are you using? accountright or essentials?

from memory essentials doesn't list SGC as a pay item like accountright does.

Contributing Cover User Hoy_Bus
7 Posts
Contributing Cover User
Hoy_Bus
Contributing Cover User

7Posts

0Kudos

1Solutions

Essentials. 

MYOB Moderator Gayathri
1,007 Posts
MYOB Moderator
Gayathri
MYOB Moderator

1008Posts

119Kudos

107Solutions

Hi @Hoy_Bus,

Thank you for your enquiry.

Answering to the questions that you posted

1. Payroll > Pay Items Deductions  > Super Salary Sacrifice which means it's a custom creation.
  2. If you have created other items that would have appeared in there. Only Custom Pay Items will be Listed here.
  3. You can only assign ATO categories to custom Pay Items and there are few items which cannot be changed but still gets assigned to ATO categories.

For Example:

image.png

This Help article will give you the list of custom Pay Items to be assigned with ATO reporting categories

ATO Reporting Categories

Hope this helps. If you have any further questions, please feel free to post again.

Thank you.

Cheers,
Gayathri

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Didn't find your answer here?
Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post