STP Update Event

Frustrated11
2 Posts
User

2Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

STP Update Event

We have an unresolved issue with MYOB and the ATO re STP reporting. Constant rejections due to a software issue between the two.

On a regular basis we have to do an update event in order for the reports to be accepted and this week have discovered that each update event with a zero amount still accrues annual leave for each employee.

It is going to be a mammoth task to undo this. 

Has anyone else come across this issue to date?

TIA

3 REPLIES 3
Tracey_H
MYOB Moderator
12,167 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

12,167Posts

1,445Kudos

1,829Solutions

Re: STP Update Event

Hi @Frustrated11 

Thanks for your post. If you are sending update events by clicking on the Send update event button in the STP reporting centre, no amounts or hours should be included in the $0 pay created. If you are manually recording $0 pays you do need to make sure all hours and amounts are removed. 

If you are using the Send update event button can you please provide details of the leave accrual set up and a screenshot of one of the pay transactions. Make sure sensitive information is removed from screenshots before posting on the Forum.

You can fix leave accrual balances by recording adjustments pays. To reduce the annual leave balance, process a $0 and enter the adjustment hours as a negative against the leave accrual entitlement category. The Help Article, Adjusting leave balances, has detailed instructions.

Please let me know if you need further help.

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

Cheers,
Tracey
Previously @bungy15

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Frustrated11
2 Posts
User

2Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Thanks for your reply Tracey, however it has been discovered/advised that if your entitlements are set up as hours per pay period even a zero pay or an update event will accrue.

We have now had to change the settings to % of gross hours and will have to change every employees entitlement balance manually.

The tutorials for setting up entitlements is still wrong based on the above and is not explained very well.

Very disappointing.

Tracey_H
MYOB Moderator
12,167 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

12,167Posts

1,445Kudos

1,829Solutions

Hi @Frustrated11 

My apologies for the delay in getting back to you. I've tested the following in my AccountRight file and my MYOB Business/Essentials file:

1. Annual leave accrual - Salary pay item is set as Equals 12.76 Hours per Pay period
  2. went to STP Reporting centre and clicked on Send update event
  3. checked leave balance in employee card, no leave had accrued
  4. checked payslip, no leave had accrued

Payslip for a normal pay run with leave hours accrued:

image.png

Payslip for update event created by clicking on Send update event button, no leave hours accrued:

image.png

If you manually create an update event by processing a $0 pay you do need to make sure all amounts and hours are zeroed out.

If your employees are Salary you do need to select Equals x Hours per x in order for leave to accrue. Equals x percent of Gross hours should be selected for Hourly employees.

If you continue to have problems with this please do provide screenshots and I'll be happy to assist further.

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

Cheers,
Tracey
Previously @bungy15

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post