STP Update to ATO

Elevationbook
3 Posts
User

3Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

STP Update to ATO

STP was linked from MYOB to the ATO and the STP events were appearing in the business portal, however it seems like it was not set up in MYOB.  I have no connected it with the help of ATO however when I go to STP reporting it shows no events at all.  As I do not have any new events for last financial year how can I get an update to come up in my STP reporting in MYOB so that I can double check figures and finalise STP?

Thanks

5 REPLIES 5
Komal_S
MYOB Moderator
4,860 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

4,860Posts

465Kudos

737Solutions

Re: STP Update to ATO

Hi @Elevationbook 

If you're using AccountRight and all those payruns were reported to the ATO before, you can do a zero dollar payrun dated 30/06/2021 to push those events to the ATO again. Once that report is accepted, check if the year-to-date (YTD) figures are correct for that year in the YTD verification report ( Payroll>>Payroll Reporting>>Payroll Reporting Centre>>EOFY Finalisation tab).

Kind regards,
Komal

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Elevationbook
3 Posts
User

3Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

@Komal_S Great thank you!

What do I do if the YTD figures are not the same as what is in the ATO? I have checked the payroll report against what is in the ATO and it does not match.  So if the update does not fix that what do I do? 

Thank you

Komal_S
MYOB Moderator
4,860 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

4,860Posts

465Kudos

737Solutions

Hi @Elevationbook 

I'd recommend going through AccountRight reports don't match my STP reports to identify the source of discrepancy in the reports. 

Kind regards,
Komal

MYOB Community Support

Did my answer help?

Elevationbook
3 Posts
User

3Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Hi Komal, 

Thank you for your response.  No problems, I have already found the discrepancies but what I don't understand is how to correct them?  If I correct them in MYOB then if STP recognises the correction that will go through to the employee's payment summary and make it incorrect.  

Can I prepare a reversal of the amounts that are not showing in STP and somehow not have it go to STP? Then prepare the payments again and have that go to STP?  I don't know how to fix this problem. 

I am currently out of balance by a total of $4k accross 5 employees. 

Thank you

Komal_S
MYOB Moderator
4,860 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

4,860Posts

465Kudos

737Solutions

Hi @Elevationbook 

Are the payment summaries of the employees correct currently? If yes, were the payment summaries lodged manually? Because if they were created through Payroll Reporting Centre, they should match either the Payroll Activity Summary or Payroll Register reports. 

If you prepare the reversal of those payruns in the software, any subsequent payrun will report that information to the ATO. So I can advise specifically on this situation, please send me a screenshot of the following reports by Private Message:

1) Payroll Activity Summary report

2) Payroll Register report

3) Year to date verification report for that period 

Kind regards,
Komal

MYOB Community Support

Did my answer help?

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or