Australia
KB1971
Cover User

3Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

STP and super categories - incorrectly set up

When checking out how to start STP (as a small business) in AccountRight2018, when I 'check payroll details' I get an error for our Salary sacrifice accounts.  

I can see that when our wages accounts were originally set up, the Standard employee super account and the individual employee salary sacrifice to super accounts were entered under the 'Employer Expenses' tab, not the 'Superannuation' tab.  Is there a way I can move these expense accounts/categories to the correct tab in AccountRight2018, or do I need to create new super accounts (I presume I would 'untick' the old/incorrect accounts)?

If that is the correct way to proceed, will this have implications for this years PAYG summaries? Would it be better to wait until the end of this financial year to make this change?  We have always used these categories as to create the annual PAYG summaries with no issues , but I cannot assign an ATO reporting category to these line items (& thus be able to set up STP) while they are sitting in this segment.

Any help would be most appreciated!

4 REPLIES 4
MYOB Moderator Neil_M
11,093 Posts
MYOB Moderator
Neil_M
MYOB Moderator

11093Posts

1260Kudos

1564Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved Solution

Re: STP and super categories - incorrectly set up

Hi @KB1971

A payroll category cannot have its type changed. So if it was setup incorrectly under the Employer Expense tab and it should have been setup under the Superannuation tab you will need to create a new payroll category under the Superannuation tab.

As for this years Payment Summaries as long as everything was ticked in the correct box, there shouldn’t be any issues with changing the type. As for waiting till the end of the payroll year it doesn’t make any difference as long as the appropriate categories get assigned correctly in the payment summary

Regards,
Neil

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

KB1971
3 Posts
Cover User
Australia
KB1971
Cover User

3Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Thanks so much Neil!

Nettie21
4 Posts
Cover User
Australia
Nettie21
Cover User

4Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Hello Neil,

I have realised a similar problem with Employer Expenses being set up as a Superannuation Category and now that I have to setup for STP I have come to a stop.

I have created new Payroll Categories for STP under Employer Expenses Category for future tranasaction and assisgned as Not Reportable but what do i do with the old setup as I can't connect to the ATO until I assign a ATO Category to the old entry but I can't see how I do this.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

MYOB Moderator Theresa_D
473 Posts
MYOB Moderator
Theresa_D
MYOB Moderator

473Posts

80Kudos

76Solutions

Hi @Nettie21 

Check out Assign ATO reporting categories for STP reporting.  It can walk you through how to assign the category, as per what to assign for the category that would be a question for your accountant. 

Hope this helps! 

Cheers,
Theresa

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Didn't find your answer here?
Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post