Contributing Partner
Australia
Contributing Partner

6Posts

2Kudos

0Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

STP connecting to the ATO

Hi, I'm hoping someone can help me please. I'm a BAS agent & have my personal data file on the Business portal & my other clients on the bAS Agent portal. I connected my personal file to the ATO yesterday & today, I upgraded a clients' file to 2019.2 & tried to connect it to STP/ATO & it's coming up with the same ID as my personal data file. What do I do?? Now I can't get into the STP on my personal file either.

4 REPLIES 4
MYOB Moderator Theresa_D
1,505 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

1,505Posts

170Kudos

0Solutions

Re: STP connecting to the ATO

Hi @Dioz 

Thanks for your post, hopefully we can sort it out with a little more information.  Are you using MYOB for both your personal data reporting as well as the clients? For STP Onboarding as a BAS agent it’s necessary to follow the steps linked and make the ATO aware that you’re using MYOB to report. The article Connect to the ATO for Single Touch Payroll reporting goes through each step. Refer to the right side of the steps diagram for BAS agent specific information.

Once you’ve checked that it’s all been connected let us know which screens you’re accessing to try and process the STP so we have a better idea of where to direct you.  Keep us posted on how you go. 

Cheers,
Theresa

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Contributing Partner Dioz
6 Posts
Contributing Partner
Australia
Contributing Partner

6Posts

2Kudos

0Solutions

Hi Theresa, Thanks for your reply. Yes, I did all that. I am using MYOB for my personal Company as well & I went through all the steps both as a person in my file & a BAS agent in the clients' files. I actually rang MYOB later that day & they told me that that is correct. Any data files, including my personal one, will have the same ID number. It is connected to my ABN. I'm not sure how the ATO figure out which one I'm sending STP for but I have it on good authority from MYIOB that it is correct. Please tell me this is right !!

MYOB Moderator Theresa_D
1,505 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

1,505Posts

170Kudos

0Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved

Hi @Dioz , The details that will let the ATO know the difference is through the BAS agent portal, not within the MYOB software.  On the MYOB side of things, if you completed all the steps in the previous article I linked then there is nothing more to do.  If you want to clarify anything with the ATO I recommend visiting the BAS Agents page on their site.  

I hope this solves the question.  If so, please mark 'Accept as Solution' so other users with this question will be able to find the post easier.  Thanks again for posting, feel free to use the forum if you have any other questions. 

Cheers,
Theresa

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Contributing Partner Dioz
6 Posts
Contributing Partner
Australia
Contributing Partner

6Posts

2Kudos

0Solutions

Just waiting now to receive bookkeeping from those other 2 clients & will try to process via STP & see what happens. Let's hope it's all good. Thanks for your help Theresa_D

Didn't find your answer here?
Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post