Partner Zone

STP- how do i resend rejected payroll slips to ATO

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
monicamyobuser
Contributing User
8 Posts
Contributing User
Contributing User

8Posts

1Kudos

0Solutions

STP- how do i resend rejected payroll slips to ATO

hi there.  My previous payroll slips were rejected from the ATO because the software ID didn't match up.  This has now been resolved and my last payroll slip sent this week was accepted. 

MYOB site says

"You can't resend, delete, or undo rejected reports.
The Rejected status will remain for the report, but once you've fixed the issue, updated payroll information is sent to the ATO on the following pay run."

So as i have fixed the issue, why have my rejected reports not been resent/accepted?  How does this get rectified?

TIA

4 REPLIES 4
monicamyobuser
Contributing User
8 Posts
Contributing User
Contributing User

8Posts

1Kudos

0Solutions

Re: STP- how do i resend rejected payroll slips to ATO

MYOB - could you please call me (follow up from last nights request here).  I was told that it should be ok that the reports did not resubmit to the ATO but then you connected me on to the STP hotline (which disconnected straight away).   the ATO do require previously rejected payslips so please advise how we go about resubmitting these.  Thank you.

Tracey_H
MYOB Moderator
8,365 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

8,365Posts

1,036Kudos

1,299Solutions

Hi @monicamyobuser 

Thanks for your post. You can't resend rejected reports to the ATO. What you need to do is correct the issue that caused the report to be rejected then send an update event to update the Year-to-date (YTD) amounts with the ATO. You create an update event by processing a $0 pay.

These help articles will assist with this:

Fix rejected reports in STP 

Create a $0 pay to send an updated STP report 

Please let me know if you need further help.

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

Cheers,
Tracey
Previously @bungy15

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

monicamyobuser
Contributing User
8 Posts
Contributing User
Contributing User

8Posts

1Kudos

0Solutions

Hi Tracey

Thanks for your response.  I have created an updated event for "$0" pay and i also have created a new pay run for a legitimate pay and i can see on the ATO portal that both "events" have been received.  Whilst i can see in MYOB Essentials that the YTD figures are there (on the payslip), can we safely assume that these same YTD figures have been transferred to the ATO (to therefore show that our YTD match) as i cannot see this in the ATO portal.  The portal does not show YTD figures (only the Gross payment/PAYG details for that pay event).

I look forward to your reply.

thank you

Monica 

Tracey_H
MYOB Moderator
8,365 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

8,365Posts

1,036Kudos

1,299Solutions

Hi @monicamyobuser 

To check the YTD amounts that have been sent to the ATO go to the Payroll Reporting Centre>>EOFY finalisation tab and click on the YTD verification report. This is the information sent to the ATO, you should reconcile this with your Essentials payroll reports to make sure the correct figures are reported.

The ATO Business Portal does show all pay events reported, and as the ATO don't allow for STP reports to be deleted, this includes any pays you have deleted in your software. But the ATO are only interested in the YTD amounts. I'm not sure why the Portal doesn't show the YTD amounts, that's something I asked when I was a bookkeeper, it would make life easier.

Please let me know if you need further help.

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

Cheers,
Tracey
Previously @bungy15

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post