17 Posts
Contributing User
Australia
Contributing User

17Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

STP - reversing a pay

What happens when you do a pay run and then find out it is wrong, you have not paid the person but are able to correct the payroll.  How dose this update get transfered?  Technically there is now 2 pays but one in MYOB has been reversed.  How dose this get notified to the ATO?

Also if i am using STP now as set up dose that mean there are no PAYG forms in June? How dose the transition work

3 REPLIES 3
Super User sholt73
917 Posts
Super User
Australia
Super User

917Posts

559Kudos

0Solutions

Re: STP - reversing a pay

you should have a read over these 2 links:

Correcting mistakes with Single Touch Payroll

https://community.myob.com/t5/Single-Touch-Payroll-STP-Q-A/Correcting-mistakes-with-Single-Touch-Pay...

Pay Processing FAQs with Single Touch Payroll (STP)

https://community.myob.com/t5/Single-Touch-Payroll-STP-Q-A/Pay-Processing-FAQs-with-Single-Touch-Pay...

basically the ATO just care about the YTD, and each time you send a pay event it updates the previous one. so long as you fix up everything in the software just before you send your next pay event, should be fine.

as for PAYG summaries, it's actually a lot simpler. we should be getting a "finalise" option in STP soon to be able to send the last pay event of the Payroll Year and then give it a check of "final" so the ATO know that it's the last one and then use the latest YTD information it's collected from it in order to view the income statements from the employees. in short, you don't need to send the payment summaries to the ATO at year-end. you can generate them for your employees, but they can also go into myGov and see the data for themselves from STP.

Partner payrollers
1 Post
Partner
Australia
Partner

1Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

I have a pay I reversed when the employee resigned without notice and returned the funds to us.

No STP report seems to have been made for the reversal and as there were no further pays run for this employee the YTD is incorrectly showing as the amount before the reversal.

Each future payroll only updates YTD figures for the employees in that particular run, not all employees.

The only way I can think of to correct the YTD data is to process a nil pay eg.  -.01 backpay, +.01 base pay, that should the send STP report with correct YTD data. Unless anyone else has any other suggestions?

Looks to me like an issue MYOB didn't consider and the info around year end checking doesn't cover what to do if employee data is not correct.

Ultimate Cover User bungy15
1,055 Posts
Ultimate Cover User
Australia
Ultimate Cover User

1,055Posts

851Kudos

0Solutions

HI @payrollers 

Doing a $0 (void) pay creates a pay event which will update the YTD figures with the ATO.

This link to Tips n Tricks for STP has information on how to correct mistakes, void pays and EOPY - Tips n Tricks for STP

Cheers

Tracey

Didn't find your answer here?
Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post