JackieBell
Contributing Cover User

9Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

STP set up of ATO reporting Unused Annual Leave

Hi,

I'm currently setting up the various reporting categories for the ATO to use STP.

For the Unused Annual Leave, the choice is between Lump Sum A Termination or Lump Sum A Redundancy.

In the past I've only had to use the Lump Sum A Termination category, however, you wouldn't know what category any future lump sums would be. Can I allocate Lump Sum A Termination now just to have something allocated (as I don't think I can start reporting via STP until I have all pays categorised) but then if I have a redundancy in the future can I change the allocation before processing the final payment?

Thank you,

Jackie

1 REPLY 1
MYOB Moderator Steven_M
29,736 Posts
MYOB Moderator
New Zealand
Steven_M
MYOB Moderator

29736Posts

3636Kudos

4367Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved Solution

Re: STP set up of ATO reporting Unused Annual Leave

Hi @JackieBell 

An ATO Payroll Category is required for each payroll category in order to proceed to the next stage of the Payroll Reporting process. Ideally, you would set up each payroll category with the necessary ATO Reporting Category at the time, however, this is a perfect world.

If you do set a payroll category up with the incorrect ATO Reporting Category or you do need to change it for any reason, you are welcome to change that ATO reporting category. The key warning being that as AccountRight will report year-to-date values so by changing that category the next pay that you do will report any old values that may have been processed for the payroll year as the new ATO Reporting Category.

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Didn't find your answer here?
Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post