STP (single touch payroll) stop reporting to ATO

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
Experienced Cover User OliverF
28 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

28Posts

2Kudos

0Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

STP (single touch payroll) stop reporting to ATO

I installed MYOB AccountRight 2018.3 on Tue.(25 Sep.2018). After updated,  MYOB STP stop reporting to ATO.

I have tried for 2 days, it always shows 'Something went wrong at our end' (photo attached).

If not report to ATO same day, any penalty?

What I should do?

Thanks

Olly

Mr Right underwear
9 REPLIES 9
Super User sholt73
917 Posts
Super User
Australia
Super User

917Posts

556Kudos

0Solutions

Re: STP (single touch payroll) stop reporting to ATO

I'd start by checking over the steps found in this post by a myob staff member:

https://community.myob.com/t5/Single-Touch-Payroll-STP-Q-A/STP-cannot-connect-a-clients-account-to-A...

if that doesn't work, another user also has the same problems on this thread:

https://community.myob.com/t5/Single-Touch-Payroll-STP-Q-A/Unable-to-connect-to-payroll-reporting/m-...

they're just waiting on the staff member to come back with more information.

28 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

28Posts

2Kudos

0Solutions

Thank you for the advice. The problem is: when I check over the steps found superannuation error, I ticked 'To be assigned' as ATO reqested, but MYOB shows it's an error! and not passed!

(photo attached)error super.jpg

Mr Right underwear
MYOB Product Team Haydes
6,187 Posts
MYOB Product Team
Australia
MYOB Product Team

6,187Posts

1,012Kudos

0Solutions

Hi @OliverF

If a Payroll Category is marked as "To Be Assigned", this would mean that this has yet to be assigned to something. This is simply a status indicator to check your Payroll Details before the set up of STP and will need to be assigned to something else.

I noticed that it shows "Superannuation Guarantee" there, this should only have one other ATO Reporting Category which is the same name "Superannuation Guarantee". If you set assign this Category, it should no longer appear in the check details, this should be marked this way as per ATO specification.

You can read more on this support note: Assign ATO reporting categories for Single Touch Payroll reporting

Cheers,

Hayden (Ex-Moderator)
MYOB Product Team
28 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

28Posts

2Kudos

0Solutions

In Payroll Category --Superannuation Guarantee, only 2 options: "To Be Assigned" or "Not reporatable".If I ticked "Not reporatable", then it passed checking over; but ATO directly called me saying" I did not reporting superannuation", no any staff superannuation was showing to ATO.

If I ticked, "To Be Assigned" , cannot pass checking over, stop reporting.

I only have one "Superannuation Guarantee" (photos attached).Please show me what I should do.

Thank you!

error super assign.jpgerror super cat.jpg

Mr Right underwear
Highlighted
MYOB Product Team Haydes
6,187 Posts
MYOB Product Team
Australia
MYOB Product Team

6,187Posts

1,012Kudos

0Solutions

Hi @OliverF

I can see the problem here, the Payroll Category's Contribution Type is set to Redundancy Expense rather than Superannuation Guarantee, which is why the ATO Reporting Category isn't showing what you're looking for.

The Superannuation Guarantee Contribution Type is hard locked to use Superannuation Guarantee as the ATO reporting Category and the Contribution Type cannot be changed once it has been set, this is by default to any SGC categories in AccountRight.

For your situation, I have seen a similar type of issue before and I detailed a few options and what to do with that in a different post, I suggest reading over my reply to this thread: STP Additional Employer Super ATO reporting category

As you may have set up STP, you may need to work toward ensuring the Payroll Categories are set up.

Cheers,

Hayden (Ex-Moderator)
MYOB Product Team
28 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

28Posts

2Kudos

0Solutions

Hi, Hayden,

The hotfix.exe fixed the checking over problem, all passed before click 'report to ATO'. but keep showing 'Something went wrong at our end' (attached) since updated to 2018.3 over 7 days.

Can you tell me when MYOB solve this issue, if ATO call again, what I should say?

Thanks

Olly

Mr Right underwear
Super User sholt73
917 Posts
Super User
Australia
Super User

917Posts

556Kudos

0Solutions

@OliverF, not sure if you fixed it but I've seen @Em_P be able to fix these up before and I hope this can fix your problems up also.

MYOB Product Team Haydes
6,187 Posts
MYOB Product Team
Australia
MYOB Product Team

6,187Posts

1,012Kudos

0Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved

Hi @OliverF

With those error details, this could mean that there is a failing connection to our server and we're not able to provide the software with the relevant details.

I suggest having a look through this post for the best instructions on solving this particular error.

Let us know how you go.

Cheers,

Hayden (Ex-Moderator)
MYOB Product Team
28 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

28Posts

2Kudos

0Solutions

Thanks.MYOB can report to ATO now. Honestly I did not do/change anything.

Mr Right underwear
Didn't find your answer here?
Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post