DougRing
3 Posts
User
DougRing

3Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Setting up for STP Payroll

Just wanting some assistance with setting up for STP. have been doing manual payments as we have had only the one employee but now have to go to STP.

As a not for profit we pay a split Stipend 25% Salary and 75% exempt Fringe Benefits, So just wondering how to set this up for the 2 payments.
Can not see how to do it unless I split hrs the same way so is this the correct way or is there another way to do it.

2 REPLIES 2
MYOB Moderator Steven_M
2,000 Posts
MYOB Moderator
New Zealand
Steven_M
MYOB Moderator

31514Posts

4102Kudos

4587Solutions

Re: Setting up for STP Payroll

Hi @DougRing 

Typically, fringe benefits are paid outside of the payroll module.

As such, for payroll reporting, you would process a pay to the employee as per normal for the salary amount or values that would be reported outside of the fringe benefit. If you did need to report those fringe benefits this would be done in accordance with Reportable fringe benefits amounts (RFBA) with Single Touch Payroll reporting.

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

DougRing
3 Posts
User
DougRing

3Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Re: Setting up for STP Payroll

To clarify after reading a few posts this appears to be the solution.

But before going to the solution and seeing some of other posts just advising our sitiuation. Being the Not for Profit Benovelent society we can split salary 25% Stipend/Salary and 75% Non reportable fringe benefits,

So would this be the correct solution Record Salary as the normal 72hr pfn standard salary

Then record the Non Reportable Fringe Benefit as a Standard deduction before tax Non Reportable.

Also if entering the 25/75 Split does that apply to gross including the deduction

If so this is great so long as the Non Reportable benefit will also be shown on Salary Slips to comply with the legislation.

Also with Super we are billed monthly by our Head Office so do I need to enter the Superannuation as well.

Didn't find your answer here?
Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post