1 Post
User
LesleyVR

1Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Singel Touch Payroll - Year to Date Reporting to ATO

Hello.

I am now STP compliant 01.05.2019. I see that the ATO has recieved payroll data after each payroll is processed. Can you please confirm that payroll data from before that (1.7.2018 until 30.04.2019) will also be automatically sent to the ATO? If thats so I assume no need to complete group certificates for 2018/2019.

Thanks in advance.

2 REPLIES 2
MYOB Moderator Neil_M
11,348 Posts
MYOB Moderator
Neil_M
MYOB Moderator

11348Posts

1292Kudos

1593Solutions

Re: Singel Touch Payroll - Year to Date Reporting to ATO

Hi @LesleyVR 

When you report a pay event to the ATO, the year to date figures for all employees included in that pay event are sent through to the ATO. Employees who aren’t included in that pay event aren’t reported on.

So if you had employees who weren’t going to be paid again since you have signed up to STP reporting, they will not be reported on. For these employees they would either need to be reported on using the traditional payment summaries or do a void pay to create a pay event and report those employees year to date figures to the ATO

Regards,
Neil

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Super User sholt73
917 Posts
Super User
Australia
sholt73
Super User

917Posts

555Kudos

44Solutions

Re: Singel Touch Payroll - Year to Date Reporting to ATO

it will send the current year-to-date information for all active employees in the payroll year you're currently in. it won't send anything on prior years or any inactive employee's that you have terminated before signing up to STP this year.

you'll either need to create a payment summary for those inactive employees, or create a $0 pay. you can read more details here: Pay Processing FAQs with Single Touch Payroll (STP)

Didn't find your answer here?
Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post