Cover User
Australia
Castle
Cover User

1Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Single Touch Payroll AccountRight v19

We are currently using Accountright Premier V19.14 and need to be able to address the requirements of the ATO in relation to Single Touch Payroll.

Is Accountright Premier V19.14 able to be utilised for this and are there updates/grades coming.

If not what version do we need to be on and how do we change over

16 REPLIES
MYOB Moderator Steven_M
25,796 Posts
MYOB Moderator
New Zealand
Steven_M
MYOB Moderator

25796Posts

2975Kudos

3768Solutions

Re: Single Touch Payroll

Hi @Castle

Welcome to the MYOB Community Forum, I hope you find it a wealth of knowledge

As has been mentioned on Single Touch Payroll (STP), Single Touch Payroll will be made available to clients on AccountRight 2018 and later. If you are using AccountRight Classic* (v19 or below), then you are encouraged to upgrade to the latest version of the AccountRight 201x range (currently 2017.2) to ensure you are ready to meet your STP reporting obligations Help Article: Upgrade to the new AccountRight has more information on the upgrade process. 

*Clients who are unable to move to an STP enabled version of AccountRight, because they are currently using multi-currency, negative inventory, multi locationinventory, M-Powered Payment or ODBC and those using AccountEdge, have been granted an STP reporting deferral until 31 May 2019. 

Kind Regards,
Steven
MYOB Client Support
Partner krisdf
1 Post
Partner
Australia
krisdf
Partner

1Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

single touch payroll with account right 19.14

What if i have clients who refuse to go to the cloud version.  Whats the options then?

MYOB Moderator Steven_M
25,796 Posts
MYOB Moderator
New Zealand
Steven_M
MYOB Moderator

25796Posts

2975Kudos

3768Solutions

Re: single touch payroll with account right 19.14

Hi @krisdf

Welcome to the MYOB Community Forum, I hope you find it a wealth of knowledge

Single Touch Payroll will be made available to clients running AccountRight 2018 and later.

AccountRight 2018 does have a large range of benefits over AccountRight v19 including

• Direct paying superannuation from your company file
  • Save time with bank feeds
  • Improved security with 2 factor- authentication
  • Ability to file your BAS/IAS direct from your software.
  • And much more... See What's new for v19 users

Note: Company files can be stored locally or online with AccountRight 2018.

Kind Regards,
Steven
MYOB Client Support
zswiss
4 Posts
Cover User
Australia
zswiss
Cover User

4Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Hi Steven,

You mention that clients who satisfy the criteria have been granted a diferral. Is there any action that needs to be taken by the client to be issued this diferral? Thanks.

Regards,

MYOB Moderator Steven_M
25,796 Posts
MYOB Moderator
New Zealand
Steven_M
MYOB Moderator

25796Posts

2975Kudos

3768Solutions

Hi @zswiss

For clients that are uptaking that deferral, my recommendation is to speak to the ATO and provide that necessary deferral number. This way they are aware of your intentions to uptake that deferral.

Kind Regards,
Steven
MYOB Client Support
zswiss
4 Posts
Cover User
Australia
zswiss
Cover User

4Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Hi I just checked the ATO website for STP Deferral, and it mentions that this should be done by the developer, which is MYOB.

MYOB Moderator Steven_M
25,796 Posts
MYOB Moderator
New Zealand
Steven_M
MYOB Moderator

25796Posts

2975Kudos

3768Solutions

Hi @zswiss

My understanding is that if you are eligible for the deferral you would have received that deferral number provided by MYOB. You would then use this number to contact the ATO as mentioned on that ATO Community page - see below

Single Touch Payroll (STP) - Applying for a deferral .. - ATO Community

The ATO will give your developer a Deferral Reference Number (DRN) provided by the ATO.

Your developer will give it to you. Then, if you need to contact the ATO about not being ready yet, to move to STP, you can quote your DRN.  I expect your software developer will also develop a way for them to send it to the ATO on your behalf.

Based on the conversations I have had with colleagues the office, the ATO are aware that MYOB clients have that deferral and they might not need to get in touch. However, my personal recommendation is to speak with the ATO to pass that deferral number on, even to give you peace of mind.

Kind Regards,
Steven
MYOB Client Support
zswiss
4 Posts
Cover User
Australia
zswiss
Cover User

4Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Hi @Steven_M

Thanks for the reply. So your recommendation is to contact MYOB and get the defferal number, then forward this onto the ATO?

Thanks

MYOB Moderator Steven_M
25,796 Posts
MYOB Moderator
New Zealand
Steven_M
MYOB Moderator

25796Posts

2975Kudos

3768Solutions

Hi @zswiss

The deferral number for Single Touch Payroll should have received via Email, these were issued last month via email. I have sent you a private message on the Forum in regards to your deferral number.

Kind Regards,
Steven
MYOB Client Support
Didn't find your answer here?
Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post