MYOBCommunity
Partner Zone
|
|
Partner Zone

Single Touch Payroll AccountRight v19

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
MareeGC
3 Posts
Cover User
Australia
MareeGC
Cover User

3Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Re: Single Touch Payroll

Hello, I have a particular interest in this conversation as we were running the MYOB 2017-1 version and as this version no longer optimises we had the issue the file became so large we had no option but to go back to V19. Believe me with having to do all my customised forms again and manually enter parts of our work that couldnt be transferred this was not a "quick" solution and lets face it no one wants to go backwards. We and our MYOB consultant tried several different people within the MYOB help area and no one was able to give us a viable solution and suggested we just start a new company file each time our file got too big and slowed right down. So my question is in two parts:

A/ when is MYOB going to have a solution for companies with large files that have low speed internet that doesnt allow the cloud to be an option

B/ If you are stuck in that position of not being able to upgrade what will be the solution to the STP issue besides the 12 month bandaid of a deferral number.

I have personally been on MYOB for over 20 years and have always sung its praises as it "never left a man behind attitude" was brilliant but lately Im feeling like if you have a unique problem you are on your own.

Regards

Maree

MYOB Moderator Steven_M
27,017 Posts
MYOB Moderator
New Zealand
Steven_M
MYOB Moderator

27017Posts

3150Kudos

3955Solutions

Hi @MareeGC

As you have mentioned, AccountRight 201x doesn't have a purge or optimisation assistance feature and as such data is retained in the company file. At this stage, we are still investigating options to allow the removal of old, unwanted data to free up space in a company file, which in turn will reduce the file size. Currently, the solution would be to look at getting the balances from a set date, creating a new company file and entering those balances in via Setup>>Balances or through the Easy Setup Assistant.

Clients that are using AccountRight 2017 are encouraged to upgrade to the latest version AccountRight 2018.2 to take advantage of Single Touch Payroll and other benefits of that version of the program. Note: Single Touch Payroll is being developed as a Live service that can be used in both online and offline files, similar to that of bank feeds and pay superannuation. You will need an internet connection at the time of processing pays.

Kind Regards,
Steven
MYOB Client Support
Experienced Cover User Booker
36 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Booker
Experienced Cover User

36Posts

17Kudos

0Solutions

Hi MareeGC,

May I ask what size your file is?

I am still using V19.14 as I won't put up with all these problems the newer versions are causing.

Thanks

Ultimate User gavin12345
2,338 Posts
Ultimate User
Australia
gavin12345
Ultimate User

2338Posts

1816Kudos

347Solutions

Hi @Booker

There is a 3rd party purge service for myox - google 'purge for myox' or similar. Can be costly, however starting a new file is no picnic either.

Regards

Gavin

Experienced Cover User Booker
36 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Booker
Experienced Cover User

36Posts

17Kudos

0Solutions

Thanks Gavin.

I have heard of them before but have been dubious, I think I will be forced to take this route as no other solution exists at present.

Thanks again.

MareeGC
3 Posts
Cover User
Australia
MareeGC
Cover User

3Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Hello Booker,

I truly understand your logic on not moving over. I will check the old system and replay again but I do remember it was to a size where it had become so slow it took anything up to 5 minutes to process one invoice. It was delaying all our users and frustrating everyone. I was more annoyed I spent weeks and weeks changing customised forms and reintering orders etc that couldnt be transferred over. I have read other posts in teh forums and this is becoming an issue for more people so this is something that really needs addressing sooner than later so everyone can enjoy using MYOB again.

MareeGC
3 Posts
Cover User
Australia
MareeGC
Cover User

3Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Hello Steven_M,

I really appreciate your response but what you have stated is exactly the issues I have. We used the setup assistant for the items we could move over but there is no way to enter orders etc on your system in this manner and in our company this was around 300 orders to re-enter. Starting a new file is definately an option but with only getting a couple of years out of MYOB2017 I dont want to do this every two years..... that is not what I signed up for with MYOB. These issues, which I appreciate your are not soley responsible for, but to be honest we dont need "fairy floss" solutions for people with large files we need MYOB to realise that there is a major issue and we deserve the service to correct this. In reality we are stuck back on V19 without all the wonderful new benefits and features of version 2017 because our file is too large, money is not everything but I feel slightly robbed that I pay for a service that I am not able to utilize. It possibly annoys me more because we got a tatse of them and then had to go backwards.

Didn't find your answer here?
Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post