Partner Zone

Single Touch Payroll (STP) - Payroll Processing Questions

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
Non-For-Profit
Experienced Cover User
13 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

13Posts

13Kudos

0Solutions

Single Touch Payroll (STP) - Payroll Processing Questions

Hi,

This is a question for when STP is in place. My company is using AccountRight Live. We have 27 staff. As I'm the only accountant in office, I usually pre-process the payroll when I go on holidays (if paydays falls on the days I'm on leave). Will I still be able to do that?

Eg. I will be on leave 2nd week of July 2018 and it's payday on Tuesday, 10 July, I will usually therefore process the payroll on the Friday before on 6 July (using 10 July as the "Payment Date") - the money also goes out of our bank only on 10 July. If we use MYOB for the single touch payroll system, will ATO think that I am sending the information for 6 July or for 10 July? 

Also, is there any way to make edits if the payroll processed is incorrect? 

1 REPLY 1
Neil_M
MYOB Moderator
13,473 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

13,473Posts

1,623Kudos

1,916Solutions

Re: Single Touch Payroll (STP) - Payroll Processing Questions

Hi @Non-For-Profit

Currently our team are still finalising certain aspects of the single touch payroll functionality and as a result we don’t currently have an exact idea on how certain functionality will work or whether certain features will be available upon release.

You may want to contact the ATO directly for their take on whether STP payments can be lodged ahead of the actual date of pay. Please note that this would only give you an indication of whether the ATO allows this, it doesn’t necessarily mean that the STP functionality within your program will actually allow it

Regards,
Neil

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post