Single Touch Payroll (STP)

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
Highlighted
MYOB Product Team
6,314 Posts
MYOB Product Team
Australia
MYOB Product Team

6,314Posts

1,070Kudos

902Solutions

Re: Single Touch Payroll (STP)

Hi @Gordon15

I wrote a post on this topic not too long ago, here's a link: M-Powered Services and AccountRight 2018

Effectively M-Powered itself is being replaced by other types of services that perform the same/similar functions with M-Powered's successor being currently in the works. The plan is to definitely have the service ready before the 31/05 deadline to allow you to upgrade to an STP compliant product.

You might also like to read this Blog Article: Strategic partnership between Mastercard and MYOB drives new wave in fintech innovation

This is the very beginnings of the kind of successor service that is being built. You should get an email on this when it's ready, but also feel free to keep an eye on this forum for any announcements as we publish them.

Cheers,
Hayden
MYOB Product Team

Currently Working On:
Supplier Feeds | In Tray (Server)
MYOB Capture App | MYOB Invoices app
Previously Worked On:
In Tray (Front-End) (2019-2020)
MYOB Support (Various roles - 2015-2019)

Highlighted
1 Post
User

1Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Good afternoon

I am in the process of setting up the STPS with the ATO. Could you please advise me where I can loate my Softare ID?

Highlighted
Ultimate Partner
1,674 Posts
Ultimate Partner
Australia
Ultimate Partner

1,674Posts

1,027Kudos

127Solutions

Hi @Wild_Apricot  - see this Support Note:

Notify the ATO that you're using MYOB for Single Touch Payroll reporting

Kym Yeoward

Palmerston NT

Highlighted
Contributing User
11 Posts
Contributing User
Contributing User

11Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Hi All

I have connected to the ATO been accepted the company  - have gone to the Payroll reporting centre & forwarded previous payrolls to ATO - all AOK

NOW

My payroll does not go to the Payroll Report Centre - have completed 2 payrolls in the last 2 days & NADA

NOT there !!!

There is over 1 hour wait to talk to MYOB can anyone at there help ?

Highlighted
Contributing User
11 Posts
Contributing User
Contributing User

11Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

NO

even though the company is all set up with ATO reporting my Payroll is NOT sitting in the Payroll reporting centre

to report ????

Ultimate Partner
1,674 Posts
Ultimate Partner
Australia
Ultimate Partner

1,674Posts

1,027Kudos

127Solutions

Have you included the processing date, in your date range.

For example, a fortnightly payroll for Monday 18 March to Sunday 31st March, that was processed on Monday 1st April.

Kym Yin Palmerston, near Darwin.

P.S. Sorry for the mis-spelling. Am waiting for a new laptop keyboard.

Highlighted
Ultimate Partner
1,674 Posts
Ultimate Partner
Australia
Ultimate Partner

1,674Posts

1,027Kudos

127Solutions

Also, did you Sav e your payroll, or did you Record it.

If you just clicked Save, it will not yet have been Recorded.

In the Record stage, you will be asked to make a declaration to the ATO re this pay period.

"Saving" is handy if you halfway through a payroll and want to take a lunch break.

For la rger payrolls - say over 20 staff - processing will be faster if you switch to Offline mode, then go back to online once you've finished.

Kym Y - Darwin [Palmerston]

Highlighted
1 Post
Cover User
Australia
Cover User

1Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Here we are end of June 2019

I understand as I have less than 20 employees the ATO have issued extension to 30 September 2019 for STP. I do use AccountRight Enterprise V19.15 and I use it for Multi-Currency in both sales and bills, and I also use multi locations for inventory. Given the length of time it has taken to date, I am assuming it is unlikely this version of software - which is our only MYOB option - will be STP ready by 30 September 2019. 
Can you please confirm expected upgrade dates and compliance dates, along with pricing implications.

Highlighted
2 Posts
User
User

2Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

I have been trying to report payroll since Sunday to ATO everything is fine except it comes up with an error report and they say sorry it's at their end. Any one else having this problem?

@Suja_P wrote:

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Important Update: Clients who are unable to move to an STP enabled version of AccountRight, because they are currently using multi-currency, negative inventory, multi location inventory, M-Powered Payment or ODBC and those using AccountEdge, have been granted an STP reporting deferral until 31 May 2019. Others are encouraged to move to the latest version of AccountRight to ensure you are ready to meet your STP reporting obligations. 

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Hi all,

Most of you who deal with payroll would be aware that Single Touch Payroll is coming in 2018. It will bring with it reporting changes and opportunities to gain efficiencies, especially around the end of financial year time crunch.

Single Touch Payroll (STP) is a government initiative to simplify business-reporting obligations. Businesses will need to electronically report their employees' payroll information to the ATO at the time of paying their employees.

STP will be mandatory from 1 July 2018 for businesses with 20 or more employees. 

For those employers that have 19 or less employees there is no mandatory requirement to use an STP solution, however, solutions will be designed to allow these employers to take up an STP solution on a voluntary basis.

MYOB is working closely with the ATO to ensure our products keep all of our clients compliant. 

We have set up a dedicated web page – Single Touch Payroll with all relevant updates relating to your respective MYOB products.

Here are some other links on the topic that you may find informative:

Should you have any queries on this topic please feel free to post them as replies to this post. 

Highlighted
Former Staff
1,144 Posts
Former Staff
Former Staff

1,144Posts

133Kudos

122Solutions

Hi @Roz2,

Thank you for the post! Welcome to the MYOB Community Forum.

Sorry for the delayed response. Are you still encountering the same issue? Could you please provide more details on the error? It would be better if you can provide us steps which leads you to that error.

Thank you.

Cheers,
Gayathri

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post