Partner Zone

Single Touch Payroll (STP)

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
BronwynHamster
Experienced Cover User
171 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

171Posts

48Kudos

1Solutions

Re: Single Touch Payroll (STP)

Hi Stephe,

I have two clients running this version and have not received a private email from MYOB for either one.

Regards, Bronwyn

Steven_M
MYOB Moderator
44,268 Posts
MYOB Moderator
New Zealand
MYOB Moderator

44,268Posts

6,089Kudos

6,612Solutions

Hi @BronwynHamster

The STP deferral email is issued out to the primary contact's email address for the relevant serial number on the AccountRight Classic range that is eligible for that deferral. 

Clients will be eligible for the STP deferral if they fall into one of the following categories:

• Using AccountEdge
  • AccountRight Classic - that are using Multiple Currencies, Negative Inventory, M-Powered Payments, Multi-Location and some add-ons.

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

BronwynHamster
Experienced Cover User
171 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

171Posts

48Kudos

1Solutions

Hi Steven,

I am the main contact on at least one of these Companies who cannot move over due to Multi Currencies, and far more importantly the Category reporting bug in the system, which you have not noted in your reply.

Regards, Bronwyn

Steven_M
MYOB Moderator
44,268 Posts
MYOB Moderator
New Zealand
MYOB Moderator

44,268Posts

6,089Kudos

6,612Solutions

Hi @BronwynHamster

I have sent you a private message on the Forum in regards to the STP deferral number, which you should have received in regards to clients not able to migrate to AccountRight 2018 due to Multiple currencies being included in their AccountRight Classic company file.

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Susan_Murray
Experienced Cover User
32 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

32Posts

5Kudos

0Solutions

Hi,

We'd like to get a deferral purely so we don't have to rush the implementation of the switch from AccountRight v19 to AR 2018.

When we found out about having to switch to AR 2018, I was away and returned a week or so ago and am away next week and have some priority projects to do without adding the stress of changing systems.

Had it been an update like I was previously under the impression it would be, I wouldn't have had a problem. However this is a substantial software change as we aren't able to have the company data offline due to our setup with a NAS of which AR 2018 doesn't allow the company data to be stored on.

So we need to sort the company data online.

In with this, the main finance person isn't back till next week so we don't want to do any changes whilst he's away. Then we're coming into the end of financial year. 

And we'd like time to allocate all the payroll categories etc. 

How do I go about getting a deferral under MYOB deferral mentioned in previous posts?

Thanks,

Susan

DT
Experienced Cover User
34 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

34Posts

5Kudos

1Solutions

Hi Susan

You can apply for your own deferral here:

https://www.ato.gov.au/assets/0/104/1328/1465/6d7c8551-66d7-4952-80cc-dd181e263e35.pdf

We recently got ours as we aren't ready.  I've heard no applications are refused.

Good luck

CloudMindAcc
Ultimate Partner
1,949 Posts
Ultimate Partner
Australia
Ultimate Partner

1,949Posts

949Kudos

234Solutions

I understand MYOB Classic will not have STP compatibility developed. MYOB has organised an extension for clients who are unable to move to AccountRight, because they are currently using multi-currency, negative inventory, M-Powered Payment or ODBC and those using AccountEdge. They have been granted an STP reporting deferral until 31 May 2019

Please kindly advise if these clients need to apply for this extension directly with the  ATO or if it is automatic?

If I am responding to your query and I have helped you please kindly mark my post as a solution to assist others in the future.
Warm Regards
Renae
Steven_M
MYOB Moderator
44,268 Posts
MYOB Moderator
New Zealand
MYOB Moderator

44,268Posts

6,089Kudos

6,612Solutions

Hi @CloudMindAcc (and others)

For clients that are not able to move to AccountRight 2018 due to the reasons you have listed in your post, MYOB has organised a deferral with ATO for these clients for Single Touch Payroll. Those particular clients should have received an email to indicate the deferral number for their records.

The ATO don't require notification that you have uptaken that deferral i.e. you don't need to contact them. The deferral number is there should they contact you about it.

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Susan_Murray
Experienced Cover User
32 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

32Posts

5Kudos

0Solutions

Hi,

We haven't received an email with the deferral number for our records.

I believe this is because we don't currently use multi-currency, negative inventory, M-Powered Payment or ODBC and those using AccountEdge.

However as per my previous post, I don't wish to rush the implementation of the switch from AccountRight v19 to AR 2018.

How am I able to get the deferral number for our records?

NB I started to complete the ATO deferal form however it says - check with your payroll software provider before selecting this option - they may have a deferral which covers you.

Thanks,

Susan

Kym__Yeoward
Ultimate Partner
1,690 Posts
Ultimate Partner
Australia
Ultimate Partner

1,690Posts

648Kudos

128Solutions

Hi @Susan_Murray

If you had 19 or fewer active employees - full-time, part-time and casual - on your payroll at 1 April, there's no compulsion to upgrade to an STP-enabled payroll, until 1 July 2019 - though these employers can upgrade earlier, if they wish.

If you have 20 or more employees, you will have to upgrade to an STP-enabled system from 1 July 2018, unless you have a deferral number supplied by your software supplier.

These deferral numbers are for employers who can't yet upgrade to an STP-enabled payroll, as they need to use features that are in AccountRight v.19 but not yet in AR 2018 - such as multi-currency (AR 19 Premier or Enterprise), multiple inventory locations or negative inventory units (AR 19 Enterprise)

Employers seeking to defer, for these reasons, have up to 31 May 2019 to make the move - by which time, AccountRight 2018 or 2019 should have these features. If you need to defer, for these reasons, send a private message to @Steven_M to request the deferral number.

Kym Yeoward CPA & CC

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post