Single Touch Payroll (STP)

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
Suzie_Smith
Partner
1 Post
Partner
Australia

1Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Re: Single Touch Payroll (STP)

Do you or your client need to apply for a deferral from STP if they have MYOB Premier multi-currency or does it happen automatically?

Steven_M
MYOB Moderator
41,710 Posts
MYOB Moderator
New Zealand
MYOB Moderator

41,710Posts

5,644Kudos

6,196Solutions

Hi @Suzie_Smith

Welcome to the MYOB Community Forum, I hope you find it a wealth of knowledge

As mentioned previously on this topic, clients that are using AccountRight v19 and are subject to an STP deferral (as mentioned in previous posts on this topic) should have been sent an email from MYOB with the required STP number. 

Note: The STP deferral number is for your own records. Generally, you don't need to contact the ATO with that number, it's more available if they do come knocking for that.

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Oceana
Contributing Cover User
14 Posts
Contributing Cover User
Australia
Contributing Cover User

14Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Hello,

I am using Enterprise v19.14 because we use multicurrency and inventory locations. I have 21 employees and MYOB has not sent me a STP number confirming I have a differal. The wait times to call MYOB support are over 1hr... anything else I can do but wait?

Thanks

Skye Oceana

Haydes
MYOB Product Team
6,317 Posts
MYOB Product Team
Australia
MYOB Product Team

6,317Posts

1,085Kudos

903Solutions

Hi @Oceana

I have sent you a Private Message containing your Deferral Code for your product. You can check your Private Messages by clicking onto your Avatar in the top right and clicking the envelope.

Cheers,
Hayden
MYOB Product Team

Currently Working On:
Supplier Feeds | e-Invoicing (Coming Soon)
Previously Worked On:
In Tray
MYOB Capture App | MYOB Invoices app
MYOB Support (2015-2019)

mark11111
1 Post
Cover User
Cover User

1Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

I have account right premier 19.

Is there an upgrade to enable one touch payroll for this version .

Kym__Yeoward
Ultimate Partner
1,677 Posts
Ultimate Partner
Australia
Ultimate Partner

1,677Posts

1,037Kudos

128Solutions

Hi @mark11111 - welcome to the Community Forum.

In short, Single Touch Payroll (STP) will not be coming to AccountRight version 19.

STP is compulsory from 1 July for all employers with 20 or more employees, unless they can quote a deferral number, as below.

If you have fewer than 20 employees, you don't have to move to STP until 30 June 2019

- though you can upgrade earlier, if you choose.

If you have a current support subscription, you can upgrade to AccountRight 2018.2 (Plus or Premier editions).

Also, if you're using v.19 Premier or Enterprise and are unable to upgrade to AccountRight 2018.2 because you're using version 19 features not yet in AR 2018 - such as multi-currency, negative inventory or multiple inventory locations - you can defer your move to STP until 31 May 2019. By that date, these features will be in AR 2018 or 2019. To cover these situations, MYOB have a deferral number, issued by the Tax Office. Just send a Private Message* to one of the Forum Moderators - @Suja_P @Haydes or @Steven_M - requesting the number, then keep a record of it, in case Tax Office staff contact you.  You don't have to contact the Tax Office - just keep the deferral number handy, in case they contact you.

MYOB will shortly be releasing a new version - 2018.3 - with the new tax tables for 2018-19 plus the final part of the STP roll-out, enabling STP payrolls from 1 July.

In the meantime, you can prepare for STP by opening each Payroll category and aligning it to the appropriate new ATO Reporting category.

If you need help, see this Support Note - Single Touch Payroll Reporting - or better still, contact a local accredited MYOB Advisor

Incidentally, you can process an STP Payroll in either Online or Offline mode.

If you're working in Offline mode, just ensure that you have an open Internet connection at the time you finish your payroll, as the finishing process includes automatically sending a payroll summary to the Tax Office. When you have more than 10 employees, it's sometimes faster to process a payroll by taking the file offline first ("checking-out"), then checking-in again when you've finished.

* To send a Private Message, click on your Avatar or photo in the top right-hand corner and select the "envelope" icon.

Kym Yeoward CPA  CC

Darwin (Palmerston)

BronwynHamster
Experienced Cover User
156 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

156Posts

82Kudos

1Solutions

Hi Kym, if the ATO is sent a file when we hit process what steps are in place to review the payroll in full prior to hitting the process button? Also, has MYOB corrected the outstanding superannuation issues of not picking up reversals when processing super contributions or not being able to delete a partially authorised or pending superannuation payment? Regards, Bronwyn

Kym__Yeoward
Ultimate Partner
1,677 Posts
Ultimate Partner
Australia
Ultimate Partner

1,677Posts

1,037Kudos

128Solutions

Hi @BronwynHamster

- Reviewing the payroll before completing it:

Click "Preview Pay Details", to run the Payroll Verification Report, before clicking "Record".

- Outstanding superannuation issues:

I'll have to ask a Forum Moderator to answer this query - e.g. @Suja_P @Haydes or @Steven_M

Note that superannuation reporting under STP should match your current reporting, if each Superannuation category has been matched with its' ATO Reporting Category (e.g. Employer Additional is RESC).

Kym Yeoward CPA & CC

Darwin (Palmerston)

Steven_M
MYOB Moderator
41,710 Posts
MYOB Moderator
New Zealand
MYOB Moderator

41,710Posts

5,644Kudos

6,196Solutions

Hi @BronwynHamster

Currently, the user is not able to delete or hide reversals of pay superannuation transactions from the Manage Payments window with the AccountRight 2018.2 version.

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

FireSafeANZ
Contributing Cover User
5 Posts
Contributing Cover User
Australia
Contributing Cover User

5Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Dear Suja,

what reference number do we quote to the ATO for non-compliance regards STP and do we need to complete a deferral form with the ATO directly?

With Regards

KT

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post