Single Touch Payroll (STP)

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
Highlighted
MYOB Product Team
6,310 Posts
MYOB Product Team
Australia
MYOB Product Team

6,310Posts

1,065Kudos

901Solutions

Re: Single Touch Payroll (STP)

Hi @FireSafeANZ

There are specific Deferral Codes that have been granted to MYOB by the ATO that you can use depending on the reason for non-compliance.

These Deferral Codes should have been sent out to you by Email, though I can send you the Deferral Code. To do this, can you please send me a Private Message with:

• Your MYOB Serial Number
  • The reason for the Deferral

You can send me a Private Message by hovering your mouse over my Avatar and clicking Send Message on the popup.

Cheers,
Hayden
MYOB Product Team

Currently Working On:
Supplier Feeds | In Tray (Server)
MYOB Capture App | MYOB Invoices app
Previously Worked On:
In Tray (Front-End) (2019-2020)
MYOB Support (Various roles - 2015-2019)

Highlighted
Contributing Cover User
9 Posts
Contributing Cover User
Australia
Contributing Cover User

9Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Hi I have processed my payroll and then struck issues connecting to the ATO, Auskey search issues!!! I have gone into Payroll Reporting and then Payroll Reporting Centre and my file is not available for sending.

I understand that this is probably caused by processing before the connect to ATO was valid. Therefore, how do I now report my payroll to the ATO????

Highlighted
Contributing Cover User
5 Posts
Contributing Cover User
Australia
Contributing Cover User

5Posts

2Kudos

0Solutions

How do I upgrade AccountRight 19.15 to be STP compliant without upgrading to a cloud based version?

Highlighted
3 Posts
Cover User
Australia
Cover User

3Posts

1Kudos

0Solutions

Re: Single Touch Payroll (STP) - Didn't lodge for one MYOB file - how fix??

Hi, We have three entities all with different MYOB AccountRight files. I have gone through the process of setting up the STP, checking the data and then calling the ATO and connecting the software. The first two entities worked great, I did the pay runs and the data has gone through to the ATO. 

For the third entity I followed all the same steps, rang the ATo and they said it was done, and to click on Connected. I ran the pay run but nothing came up this time for STP reporting to be sent. How do I now fix this? What do I do about the fact that I have already done the pay run???

Highlighted
Ultimate Partner
1,669 Posts
Ultimate Partner
Australia
Ultimate Partner

1,669Posts

1,051Kudos

127Solutions

Hi @Michelle71

AccountRight 19 versions - including 19.15 - cannot be upgraded for STP.

If you have a current support subscription, you can upgrade to AccountRight 2018.2

AccountRight 2018.2 STP payrolls can be entered and processed in either Online or Offline mode.

If you enter your payroll whilst in Offline mode, just ensure your computer has an open Internet connection, before you record and lodge it - as the process includes sending the payroll summary to the Tax Office, via the included STP reporting. See this Support Page - MYOB is Single Touch Payroll ready

If you are a small employer with fewer than 20 active employees at 1 April, you have more time, as you don't have to be on STP until 1 July 2019.

Also, If you had 20 or more staff at 1 April, but you use features in v.19.15 that are not yet in AccountRight 2018, you have until 31 May 2019 to upgrade -by which time these features will be in AR2018 or 2019.

(MYOB have a special deferral number for this. Just request it in a private message to one of the Forum Moderators - then write it down, in case the Tax Office ask for it).

Kym Y, Darwin

Highlighted
Experienced Cover User
32 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

32Posts

6Kudos

0Solutions

Hi Kym,

We've been advised that we aren't able to run AccountRight 2018.2 in Offline mode as MYOB doesn't work with a NAS environment. We don't have a physical server - just a NAS - and utilise MYOB in multi-user mode so can't support having the data file on an individual's computer. 

As such, we haven't upgraded to AccountRight 2018.2 and aren't able to do STP. 

I don't understand why AccountRight 2018.2 can't work on a NAS setup.
Does it work on a physical server setup?

Thanks,

Susan 

Highlighted
Ultimate Partner
1,669 Posts
Ultimate Partner
Australia
Ultimate Partner

1,669Posts

1,051Kudos

127Solutions

Hi @Susan_Murray - if you can run AccountRight 2018.2 in Online mode, you should be able to upgrade to STP Payroll.

As said, AR 2018.2 STP payrolls can be run in either Online or Offline mode.

If you run your pays whilst Offline, you just need to have an Internet connection running when you record & submit your pay run - as STP data needs to be transmitted to the tax Office.

As you don't have a physical server - just a NAS or a terminal linked to a terminal server - :

- you should be able to run your payroll in Online mode

- if you want to run it whilst in Offline mode, you will need to use the AccountRight MSI installer, to install AccountRight 2018.2 on your terminal server. See AccountRight MSI installation instructions

Note: I don 't know whether running an STP payroll in Offline mode, whilst on a terminal or a proxy server, has yet been approved by MYOB.

You might also like to see this Support Note - Accessing Live services via a proxy server

Othner user's comments welcome.

Kym Yeoward, Darwin

Highlighted
1 Post
Cover User
Australia
Cover User

1Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Hi Suja,

Can you please advise where can I get the Software ID? I'm using MYOB account Right 2018.2

I'd like to report to ATO on my hosted seervice for SIngle Touch Payroll and require to enter the Software ID.

Thanks

Highlighted
MYOB Moderator
37,520 Posts
MYOB Moderator
New Zealand
MYOB Moderator

37,520Posts

5,092Kudos

5,491Solutions

Hi @MHAUG

Welcome to the MYOB Community Forum, I hope you find it a wealth of knowledge

See my post on Single Touch Payroll (STP) - Setup FAQs Section: "How do I obtain my Software ID and what it is it used for?" would be able to assist with generating a Software ID.

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Highlighted
Ultimate Partner
1,669 Posts
Ultimate Partner
Australia
Ultimate Partner

1,669Posts

1,051Kudos

127Solutions

HI @MHAUG - welcome to the Community Forum !

To obtain your STP Software ID, see the steps in this Support Note - Connect to the ATO for STP Reporting

Your unique Software ID is provided by AccountRight, during this set-up process, wbich also includes a step to  notify the ATO online.

Before processing your payroll, you might also like to see this Support Note - Task 1 - Check payroll details for STP reporting

Kym Yeoward CPA & CC

Darwin (Palmerson)

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post