Australia
Suja_P
Community Manager

5516Posts

1957Kudos

460Solutions

Re: Single Touch Payroll (STP)

Important Update:

We have been working closely with the ATO to ensure all our clients are STP compliant.

STP enabled online solutions will be available for the commencement of STP reporting on 1 July 2018.

We encourage our AccountRight customers to move to an STP enabled version of AccountRight to ensure you are ready to meet your STP reporting obligations.

Clients who are unable to move to an STP enabled version, because they are currently using multi-currency, negative inventory, multi location inventory, M-Powered Payment or ODBC and those using AccountEdge, have been granted an STP reporting deferral until 31 May 2019.

Do let us know if you have any queries regarding this. 

Kind regards,

Suja Pillai
Social Support and Community Manager
MYOB Australia Pty Ltd

Non-For-Profit
4 Posts
Cover User
Australia
Non-For-Profit
Cover User

4Posts

13Kudos

0Solutions

Hi,

This is a question for when STP is in place. My company is using AccountRight Live. We have 27 staff. As I'm the only accountant in office, I usually pre-process the payroll when I go on holidays (if paydays falls on the days I'm on leave). 

Eg. I will be on leave 2nd week of July 2018 and it's payday on Tuesday, 10 July, I will usually therefore process the payroll on the Friday before on 6 July (using 10 July as the "Payment Date") - the money also goes out of our bank only on 10 July. If we use MYOB for the single touch payroll system, will ATO think that I am sending the information for 6 July or for 10 July? 

Also, is there any way to make edits if the payroll processed is incorrect? 

MYOB Moderator Neil_M
6,844 Posts
MYOB Moderator
New Zealand
Neil_M
MYOB Moderator

6844Posts

738Kudos

952Solutions

Hi @Non-For-Profit

Welcome to the MYOB Community Forum, I hope you find it a great resource.

As the relevant features haven’t been added into AccountRight at this point, we don’t have any specific information on exactly how the STP service will look and what features will be included, such as the ability to lodge payments ahead of time.

Once the service has been introduced into AccountRight then we will be able to provide more information on the features and how to make any necessary corrections if the pay is incorrect.

Regards
Neil
MYOB Client Support
Ultimate Partner BooksInTheCloud
1,328 Posts
Ultimate Partner
Australia
BooksInTheCloud
Ultimate Partner

1328Posts

1163Kudos

138Solutions

Great glad 100% my clients that don't use multi-currency, negative inventory, M-Powered Payment or ODBC and those using AccountEdge are already on the cloud Smiley Very Happy  I look forward to assisting my existing clients in setting up STP and training of the same and hopefully I pick up some new ones on the way.... 

@renae2peas
Experienced Cover User kjm
22 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
kjm
Experienced Cover User

22Posts

1Kudos

0Solutions

We use custom software using  ODBC and I have spoken to a consultant that confirms were able to be granted the deferral until 31 May 2019. What is the procedure for this? Do I need to contact the ATO and apply for it or how does it work?

thanks

Super Partner Kym__Yeoward
1,293 Posts
Super Partner
Australia
Kym__Yeoward
Super Partner

1293Posts

669Kudos

95Solutions

Amended Post:

Hi @kjm - you will need to contact your software developer.

All employers are required to count their staff at 1 April 2018 (including part-timers and casuals).

Those with 20 or more employees will have to move to STP from 1 July 2018 and the rest, from 1 July 2019.

Those who cannot move by these dates, due to a need for software development, can apply for a deferral (e.g. up to 31 May 2019)  - or their developer can do this on their behalf (see the Note for Customers below).

The developer will need to check the guidelines in the Single Touch Payroll -Deferral Evidence Package 

- where there's a link to the Deferral application submission form plus a link to the ATO's information pack for those developers applying.

The developer's submission will need to include:

- A product roadmap, including the products that will be updated to enable Single Touch Payroll reporting for your customers, and when they will be updated. It should also detail the products that will be retired, when they will be retired and any affected customers. Include the steps you have taken, given your circumstances, to develop Single Touch Payroll-enabled products that will be ready for use from 1 July 2018.

- A customer readiness strategy and roadmap. Include your engagement approach, activities and timeframes in assisting customers to adopt Single Touch Payroll reporting. 

>> Note: If one of a developer's customers will still not be ready to start by the deferred date, and needs more time, the customer will have to apply to the ATO for a separate deferral.

Note for customers:

The ATO will give your developer a Deferral Reference Number (DRN) provided by the ATO.

Your developer will give it to you. Then, if you need to contact the ATO about not being ready yet, to move to STP, you can quote your DRN.  I expect your software developer will also develop a way for them to send it to the ATO on your behalf.

(for  more info, see the note in the information pack, about Commissioner's Initiated Deferrals for developers).

Don't expect deferrals beyond 30 June 2019 to be readily given.  Treasurer Morrision reiterated last December * in his Mid Year Economic Outlook Statement (MYEFO) that the Government is committed to having all employers on STP by 1 July 2019 (and those with 20 or more staff, by 1 July 2018).

>> I recommend that you contact a local MYOB Advisor who's a Certified Consultant, to help you plan your move to STP, as you use an OBDC add-in which may affect your payroll upgrade.

See this list - MYOB - Find the right advisor for you

So if you need a STP deferral due to your ODBC software, act NOW !

* Note about the above report report from Smart Company, on Treasurer Morrison's MYEFO speech:

- There's an error in the report, regarding the PAYG payment dates

- STP reporting to the ATO will occur automatically, at the end of each pay run

- The due dates for PAYG Wihholding Tax payments will not change - the current dates will remain.

Kym Yeoward CPA

Darwin

Experienced Cover User kjm
22 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
kjm
Experienced Cover User

22Posts

1Kudos

0Solutions

Hi @Kym__Yeoward,

thanks for your reply

I didn't make myself clear. I am the developer of the software and I work for the payroll company using the software so I am the customer as well. It's a Winforms app that writes timesheets and invoices to myob. I have just gotten off the phone with a MYOB consultant and they assure me that there won't be any problems at all getting a deferral as we use ODBC in our app..we do payroll for contractors and have more than 20 contractors on our books but we are a small company 4 employees... but your answer sounds like it will be quite difficult to get a deferral

Experienced Partner Elizabeth_3195
29 Posts
Experienced Partner
Australia
Elizabeth_3195
Experienced Partner

29Posts

4Kudos

0Solutions

Hello Everyone

At the Melbourne MYOB Incite, it was explained to CC's that we only need to make contact with our Partner Manager will arrange the Deferment.  No additional application or paperwork was required.  My understanding and the colleagues with me understood that MYOB Australia will arrange the deferment for their clients.

We need MYOB Australia to confirm or deny this is the case rather than our clients having to complete ATO applications forms, dont you think?

REgards

Elizabeth Haverfield

Super Partner Kym__Yeoward
1,293 Posts
Super Partner
Australia
Kym__Yeoward
Super Partner

1293Posts

669Kudos

95Solutions

Hi @kjm - deferrals upt to 30 June 2019 should be readily available, but going beyond that date may be harder.

For the ATO's info on getting additional time for your custmers to implement STP, due to development timeframes - see the Deferral Evidence Package guide

It includes provision for developers to give their users a DRN - Deferral Reference Number, for them to quote

to the ATO, if they cannot use STP-enabled software before the deferred date.

I expect developers will create ways for them to register the DRN with the ATO, for each of their customers.

See the extract below:

"Commissioner initiated deferral
We will review the package and determine if it is appropriate to grant more time for affected customers to start reporting through Single Touch Payroll.

If more time is needed, we will initiate deferrals for the affected customers and provide Deferral Reference Numbers (DRNs) to forward to your customers. These deferrals apply for each product or group of similar products. Affected customers will have until the deferral date to commence Single Touch Payroll reporting. We will work with you to determine the deferral dates, based on the nature of the solution, the update delivery method and reasonable time to implement the updated software.
We will [also] provide information that will allow an employer to check if they are covered by a Commissioner initiated deferral. "

Kym Yeoward CPA

Darwin

Didn't find your answer here?
Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post