Experienced Cover User
Australia
BronwynHamster
Experienced Cover User

127Posts

71Kudos

1Solutions

Re: Single Touch Payroll (STP)

Thanks Suja, whilst the software bug may not affect Payroll categories it entirely stops my Clients who use Categories from swapping platforms, as more than one of my Client's businesses cannot be audited using MYOB Premiere Live.

Good to know the team are finally onto fixing this bug this year!

Regards, Bronwyn

Ultimate Partner Kym__Yeoward
1,559 Posts
Ultimate Partner
Australia
Kym__Yeoward
Ultimate Partner

1559Posts

943Kudos

123Solutions

Hi @BronwynHamster - You might like to contact MYOB Researcher Team at research@myob.com . The team is coordinating the beta testing for the coming STP Payroll upgrade for AccountRight 2017.

Kym Yeoward
Darwin
via my iPhone

AB1
2 Posts
Cover User
Australia
AB1
Cover User

2Posts

1Kudos

0Solutions

MYOB, it would be nice if you could tell your AccountRight customers what back up has been put in place for those of us who have STP non-compliant versions of your software instead of having to find the answer buried in a forum.
Community Manager Suja_P
5,621 Posts
Community Manager
Australia
Suja_P
Community Manager

5621Posts

1995Kudos

463Solutions

Hi @AB1,

Along with keeping this forum thread updated with the latest STP information, we will also be directly emailing all of our payroll clients about the available options.  If you haven't already received this, you should shortly.

Kind regards,

Suja Pillai
Social Support and Community Manager
MYOB Australia Pty Ltd

1,559 Posts
Ultimate Partner
Australia
Kym__Yeoward
Ultimate Partner

1559Posts

943Kudos

123Solutions

Hi @AB1 - Please see the repsonses from SujaP and myself on page 5 of this discussion.

Kym Yeowarrd,

Darwin

Contributing Cover User MichelleGPN
17 Posts
Contributing Cover User
Australia
MichelleGPN
Contributing Cover User

17Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Do we need to do anything in regards to this deferral? We use multi currency so are unable to move to a cloud based MYOB version. How will the ATO know?

Thanks.

1,559 Posts
Ultimate Partner
Australia
Kym__Yeoward
Ultimate Partner

1559Posts

943Kudos

123Solutions

Hi @MichelleGPN

As I understand, MYOB will manage the deferral process on your behalf, but this might involve an email or letter to you, requesting permission for MYOB to lodge the application on your behalf - with a link for you to do this online.

This would be because the ATO normally require proof that the client has authorised their software developer (MYOB) to act on their behalf - unless the Tax Commissioner has issued a Tax Ruling that says this consent is not required.  I don't know whether such a ruling has been issued.

Please see the responses from Suja_P and myself on page 5 of this discussion topic.

Kym Yeoward CPA

Darwin

Partner DVine
2 Posts
Partner
Australia
DVine
Partner

2Posts

2Kudos

0Solutions

Hi

My client currently runs 19.14 Premier.  I understand this will not be compliant.

Can you advise which NON Cloud based MYOB Product will comply?  (we cant use cloud due to a 3rd Party software add-on)

Thank You 

1,559 Posts
Ultimate Partner
Australia
Kym__Yeoward
Ultimate Partner

1559Posts

943Kudos

123Solutions

Hi @DVine - welcome back to the Community Forum !

In short:

- MYOB will NOT be updating AccountRight version 19 to handle STP Payroll

(required by the ATO from 1 July 2018 for employers with 20 or more employees,

or from 1 July 2019 for those with 19 or fewer)

- Clients using this version, who are currently unable to upgrade to the cloud-linked version - AR Live 2017 - 

for technical reasons, have been given a compliance deferral by the ATO - to 31 May 2019.

The technical reasons include a need to keep using AR v. 19 features not yet available in AR 2017

- such as multi-currency, multiple inventory locations, negative inventory item balances

and proper Category reporting,  plus 3rd-party ODBC add-ins that haven't yet been upgraded to use

the API link in AR 2017.

- MYOB will provide an updated verssion of AR Live 2017 later this year, which will include these features

(plus STP Payroll).

- Your affected clients who use a 3rd-party ODBC add-in product, will need to talk to that product's developer.

- The developer should be able to upgrade their product, to replace the ODBC link with an API-link

(used by AR 2017), by 31 May 2019. If the updated add-on will be available by then,

you will also then be able to upgrade to AccountRight Live (version 2017 or later).

- If the developer indicates they will be unable to upgrade their product to an API-linked version

by 31 May 2019, they can apply to the ATO for an extended software compliance date, on behalf of the client

- If the developer doesn't plan to upgrade their product, or if they have a delay (see above), 

the affected client can apply to the ATO for the deferral.

>> See the comments and information links posted by Suja_P and myself on page 5 of this discussion topic.

Kym Yeoward CPA

Darwin

Experienced Cover User BronwynHamster
127 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
BronwynHamster
Experienced Cover User

127Posts

71Kudos

1Solutions

Dear Kym, 

I would respectfully request you also include the software bug pertaining to Categories when listing the technical reasons MYOB's clients can't upgrade. It has been a bug bear of mine for the last four years.

Thank you,

Bronwyn

Didn't find your answer here?
Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post